jeffdaley

How do I Purchase Fuel without Dollar Limits

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:15 PM, wayne77590 said:

Ha ha! I've fooled them several times. Our CC company issues us two cards, one for me, one for her. The numbers are different but the account is the same. They did this i case a card was lost or stolen then they could stop that card and the other would be good until new cards could be issued. I like the policy.  So when my card fills up at the pump I use the other card with a different number.

it is not the CC company but the vendor. Don't ask a clerk as they have no idea.

Now there's a slick idea!  Made me check -- yup, two different numbers, one account.  We picked up those when we changed banks, and I try to use them only for RV-related stuff of all kinds.  We retain the previous cards from our former bank, which are also two numbers, one account.  I just realized I've got four cards to play with, though with a 75 gallon tank I'm sure I'll never need more than two.   Thankee, Wayne.

We use our Exxon Mobil account.  They do limit you to $75.00 but if you start over you can fill up another $75.00. 
I have not had this problem with Loves or Pilot/flying J. I prefer to to use my gas cards. 

Rick,

Most stations limit the $ amount of allowed per fill up. Your credit card may have a set limit also. Other than Love's or Pilot/Flying J there is only one that I am familiar with that  let you fill up completely and it is QT (aka Quick Trip). At QT you can get a card at the fuel counter called "Pump Start". It allows you to completely fill your vehicle but then you must go into the counter and pay with cash, debit card or your credit card. QT is an Oklahoma based company but they have moved into North Texas. There are three in our area of north Texas.

Herman  

The biggest concern with the truck stops utilizing the truck lanes are those pumps do not accept regular credit cards. You can use the car or RV lanes (if equipped) with a regular credit card but the car lanes (and sometimes the RV lanes) have the small or low flow nozzles which takes much too long to fill up, especially when you need 100+ gallons.

I got this card about a year ago and problems solved. Pay at the pump with no cut off limit plus receive a generous discount. We just got back from a 2500 mile trip and saved almost $200 with the discount. 

On 3/7/2019 at 7:44 PM, jeffdaley said:

Is there a process that can be used so we can fill our Dutch Star DP. We have been limited to $100 dollars at the pump and in some cases could not get more by going to the attendant. Using several credit cards and sometimes moving to a new pump is time-consuming and does not make sense. Truckers have accounts at certain stations but that does not apply for our use. How do the road warriors handle this problem? Thanks!

Apply for the EFS fuel card thru TSD Logistics and fuel at all of the major truck stop chains and receive big discounts on fuel with no purchase limits.

2 hours ago, w5ci3937 said:

Apply for the EFS fuel card thru TSD Logistics and fuel at all of the major truck stop chains and receive big discounts on fuel with no purchase limits.

Only for diesel and I think only in truck lanes.

Is there a process that can be used so we can fill our Dutch Star DP. We have been limited to $100 dollars at the pump and in some cases could not get more by going to the attendant. Using several credit cards and sometimes moving to a new pump is time-consuming and does not make sense. Truckers have accounts at certain stations but that does not apply for our use. How do the road warriors handle this problem? Thanks!

Jeff,what i have found out while using my Debit card to purchase fuel...I will use it as Credit.SOMETIMES the pump will keep going til i am full at 65-70 gallons.Other times it may let me go until $100 rather than $75 dollars and have to reswipe again.I KNOW this to be true because we take many 2 lane roads when traveling and purchase 90% of our fuel at Murphy Marts all across America.Recently we got a Murphy Check Card, (gas card absolutely free,no charges) to purchase fuel.It saves the company credit card transaction fees by directly withdrawling  from your  checking account using your checking  account routing number like writng a check,so they automatically give you a 3 or 4 cent per gallon discount.Problem is...They STILL will NOT  raise the purchase amount and using the free discount card never lets the pump go past $100. but will let you reswipe it.

In MAY we bought Diesel Fuel in Ft Worth at Murphys Mart for $1.46 per gallon using the gas card.THAT's quite a savings.Not once had a problem with there fuel.

Since my fill up is generally in the 120+ gal range (200 gal tank), we use the TDS card, even we go a lot on US Hwy's, we can swing off and find a Truck Stop that takes our card.  Every 700+/- miles!

Check out TSDlogistics.com

They offer a discount Diesel card at no up front charge or monthly minimum. I set up a savings account that I use only for direct withdrawal payments and transfer money in as needed. Right now LOVES gives a 16 cent per gallon discount across the nation. TA is still station by station. There are others to. The card issued is through EFS - same as the truckers use. No limit plus there is a provision for cash advance of up to $200.00 a day which I have never used.

Hope this helps - Richard

I believe so. The post you were responding to seemed more like an advertisement for a fuel card than a real post, and it looks to be missing. Perhaps one of the moderators can confirm.