tireman9

Sailun Recall 315/80R22.5

NHTSA Recall ID Number : 19T001
Synopsis : Dynamic Tire Corp (Dynamic) is recalling certain Sailun tires S698 157/154 L PR20 size 315/80R22.5 produced June 18, 2018-June 25, 2018. The TIN (Tire Identification Number) on the tire sidewall is incomplete and does not include the date of manufacture. As such, these tires fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 119, "New Pneumatic tires- other than passenger cars." Tires with an incomplete TIN and subject to a safety recall would be impossible to identify as being affected by a safety recall. Tires affected by a safety recall can increase the risk of a crash. Dynamic Tire will notify owners, and dealers will reimburse the purchase price or replace the tire, free of charge. The recall began February 12, 2019. Owners may contact Dynamic Tire customer service at 1-905-595-5558.

12 hours ago, RayIN said:

Carl, Sailun moved their production of truck tires to Vietnam 2 years ago. My Sailun tires(date code 518) state "made in Vietnam" on the sidewall. Now they have formed a partnership with Cooper tires to produce Cooper truck and bus tires in Vietnam: https://www.moderntiredealer.com/tag/69290/sailun-vietnam

Just think I was in Nam 48 years ago with them wanting to kill me and others everyday.  Now we reward them by buying products made there.  

Thanks again to Tireman9 for posting. I did quite a bit of research before buying Sailun tires last year. They are high-quality made tires IMO. I know of no tire mfgr that has not issued a recall. This one BTW does not involve reliability or performance, it is a legal issue.

I agree with  the issue, but like Ray, I left there 57 years ago & want no part or reminder of them!  Even today.  As a side note, the Chinese are not known for selling controlling interest of anything! :P