kwl0525

Firestone FS560 and Bridgestone 250ED for motorhome

My motorhome is in need of new shoes.  The current tires are 10 years old (not good, but it's been stationary for the past few years).

Anyway, my local tire dealer (and the place my RV dealer uses) quoted me prices for the following brands (my unite needs 255/70R22.5):

Firestone FS560 

Bridgestone 250ED

Anyone have any experience using these tires?

Pricing for the Firestone FS560 (295/tire) was lower than any FMCA discounted pricing on the tires available from Michelin, Hankook or Continental.

Pricing for the Bridgestone 250ED (463/tire)  was higher than the FMCA discounted prices for most of the options presented, except for the Michelins.  Michelins are by far the most expensive, even with the FMCA discount.

Michelin's...agree!  To me, 56,000 pound coach, it brings peace of mind, for an extra $1,800 bucks every 6-7 years!  I got my 8 thru FMCA Fleet in Oregon, 8/2014 & no sales tax! :wub:  I have never had Bridgestone or Firestone on any of my coaches over the past 51 years, gas & diesel.  

Last year when I was tire shopping I was quoted the same price, $203 ea. for Firestone FS560 LR L, and Sailun truck tires LR H. Further discussion with the shop revealed the Firestone FS560, or FS561-can't remember which, was replaced by the other; thus the great pricing on those Firestone LR L tires. I bought Sailun because I assumed the LR L would make a harsh riding tire on a MH that came with LR G.

Firestone  F560  info HERE

Last I heard was the 561 may be replacing the 560 in some sizes.

Firestone and Bridgestone truck tires were being made at the same plant in TN but if this is important the DOT plant serial can confirm.