Izokaitis

American Eagle alarm

2006 American Eagle 42’ when we started the coach after winter storage there is an alarm (low volume steady alarm) that does not go off.  There are no telltale lights on the dash to indicate why it’s on. Has anyone had a similar situation and a solution? Help

Izokaitis,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Quite a number of things could be triggering the alarm.  But, particularly if stored outdoors, my number one suspect would be the "antenna up" sensor.  Most are standard home window alarm magnets/switches and sometimes get unhappy when exposed to repeated waterings.

Replacement parts (yes on the roof) should be under $10. 

Thanks we tried to get the antenna repaired in the fall and we were told it is not fixable and would have to install a manual antenna. We opted to not have it fixed because most resorts have cable and we don’t need an antenna. They may have triggered something when diagnosing the problem. Thanks for the response.

It could also be your LOW coolant sensor, mine does that until coolant gets to 86 degrees, then goes off.

If you have wiring diagram you can determine what devices that initiate audible alarms and also those that initiate both audible and visual alarms. You can first narrow the problem by determine which audible alarm is bring initiated, on my coach there are 3 audible device under the dash.

I had a similar problem on my Holiday Rambler last year and found that my engine low pressure only initiated  an audible alarm, there was no associated warning lamp.

Jim