bsjones11

hot water problem

Recently I will turn on the water, a mix of hot and cold to get temp right.  Then the water will pulse between hot and cold.  First experienced it in the shower, then the bath sink, and then the kitchen.  Most noticeable in the bathroom fixtures.  Have an atwood gas/electric water heater.  Using it in the electric mode.  The water is plenty hot when it comes out.  Just won't stay at temp selected.  Keep pulsing from hot to cold, extreme change.  Any thoughts???

Check for an outside shower that may have both hot and cold on and shut off at the head.  That would allow hot and cold to mix.

I've seen this before in a single-handle faucet when one of the washers/seals was worn enough to flutter and move a bit.

I had my single replaced a month ago...now it will stay constant, at the setting we put it on!  Aqua Hot.

Had a problem like that that the hot water would seem fine then would almost stop. If you turned it off and waited might work fine for a gallon then almost no flow. My problem was a check valve ( one way valve ) at the water heater. Our RV is 2004 Winnebago Adventurer. Not fun to get to but that was it ounce I installed a new one all was fine. 

Still need some help on the hot water issue.  Left the rally and returned to the resort in Foley Alabama and hooked up as usual with electric and CITY water.  Cut the shower water on and hot and cold work fine.  Works fine in the bath sink.  We both took showers and worked fine.  So, this only happened when using the pump.  I had just replaced the pump before we left for the rally.  Same pump, and there’s not much room for a mistake hooking it up.  Water supply in and out.  Two wires, and all hooked up just as the previous pump.  Somebody help, I have no idea how the pump could cause a problem with the hot and cold water mix. 

Perhaps there is a check valve in the plumbing for the pump that's not in play when you're hooked up to city water which is causing the problem.

When on pump & fresh water tank, there's a on/off valve, between city water & fresh tank water...before the pump.  Mine is a manual ball valve..up for city, horizontal for house.