manholt

Lafayette, LA. area

I highly recommend the, Cajun Palms RV Resort, in Henderson, LA.  $34 a night, pull thru & full hook up!  No reservation needed for during week!  For Weekends, a month in advance.  You have your choice of food, that's better than N.O.  IMHO!  We left there yesterday..:wub:  

I forgot to say that the $34 is Tax included.  We ate at the USA Crawfish Barn...next time we will try Pat's!  

Carl --

I fully agree that Cajun Palms RV Resort, which more specifically is located near Henderson, LA, is a great place to stay!  Especially fun, but crowded, on Mardi Gras Season weekends.   For fantastic dining, Cajun Palms is located relatively close to Breaux Bridge, LA which has truly authentic Cajun food and culture.   A couple of superb restaurants in Breaux Bridge are Chez Jacquelines --> https://www.facebook.com/Chez-Jacquelines-442863419062252/  and Buck and Johnny's especially for the Saturday mornings Zydeco Breakfast --> http://buckandjohnnys.com/

Mike, been to both!  LA. Shriners invited El Mina Shrine to ride in the annual Crawfish Parade for he festival...we not dumb on Galveston Island.  I rode the toy, 8 hp model T and I also had a 4 wheeler, 18 hp, that had a wheel bar on back, pop it at 1mph straight up!  Kids loved it. :lol:

Cajun Palms can get a little loud on weekends.....  if this is not your thing, look at Scott KOA or Poche's Fish Camp.   Both are nice camps, and very peaceful.   As for restaurants.... skip the tourist foods in Lafayette and run down the road to Shucks in Abbeville....   or Feazo's in Scott....  Both offer authentic Cajun dishes at reasonable prices.

RussM311.  Welcome!

KOA in Scott, been going there since 1980.  Problem is, if you got any coach over 36'...you got a problem in "Old Section".  Mine is 45' and I use Frog City RV Park now!  Food? No problem, my best friend lives in Kaplan...I have learned all the best places along and off Hwy 14. :D

We are also members of Cruisin Cajun Chapter.

I have stayed at KOA in Scot twice with my 43 foot MH, No problems getting to the back section, which is new and will hold a 45 footer, just tell them your length at time of registration and ask for the new back section,

Stayed at Ponce's also but the road going in is (or was) very dusty,

Going to try Cajun Palms and Frog City one of these trips,

4 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

I have stayed at KOA in Scot twice with my 43 foot MH, No problems getting to the back section, which is new and will hold a 45 footer, just tell them your length at time of registration and ask for the new back section,

Or just reserve a pull thru on your phone using the app, or on your PC on KOA.com, enter your MH length and click "Motorhome Towing", and it will put you in an appropriate site.