rayin

membership renewal via FMCA website

I just renewed online via the FMCA website. It offered a 10% discount coupon for renewing my membership, however the coupon states it expired 12-31-18. What's up with that?

Good Morning Ray,

Sounds like you already renewed online so, first and foremost, thank you for that.  I wish you had called us to renew your membership as the coupon instructs as we would have honored it, but it can only be redeemed by calling, mailing, or in-person.

If you would like to discuss further please feel free to give me a call at 800-543-3622 and ask for Dan Ball.

Sincerely,

Dan Ball

I went to renew today and it redirected me to some secure payment site because I am using my ipad.

I stopped going because I want to make sure That was legit. Comments?

If you are ever not totally certain that the site is good, you can usually call your credit card company and get a one-time-only temporary card number to use. That way if things go bad your regular card/number is not at risk. Capital One calls theirs 'virtual numbers'.

I shop online often, and being directed to a payment site is common. Some of the merchant sites don't have adequate security to run the payment through the main site, so they contract with a third-party credit card processor.

I had mine setup to process through Intuit's system. There are countless others.

Let me suggest putting this thread on HOLD until Monday-- our speculation is not necessarily relevant.

I have e-mailed staff and expect we will get more info when the FMCA office opens Monday.

Thanks.

Good Morning!

The bad news: yes, there is a known bug with the relationship between our online payment processor's, Authorize.net, payment gateway and apple devices and, unfortunately, is not limited to just FMCA.com. 

The good news: we are aware of it and trying to get it fixed, but in the meantime that is why we have implemented the "work-around" you encountered.  Rather than using the Authorize.net i-frame within our site we are redirecting you directly to Authorize.net.  I assure you this method is secure, but if you have any questions you can always give us a call at 800-543-3622 and we can process your renewal right over the phone.

Dan

Dan.

I'm wondering, how hard it would be to notifying the FMCA community, at the time of discovery?  I get bombarded daily by FMCA in ref to Minot, ND Rally!  

Fair point, but to keep it in perspective, this has happened to a small number of members.  Also to your point, we send a lot of emails already.  Thus we made the determination that it was not worth sending yet another email for something that doesn't apply to most folks. 

For those that do run into the problem, they see a note on the payment screen informing them they are being taken directly to Authorize.net's payment gateway and to call the membership department if they have any questions or concerns.

Internet security and privacy is of paramount importance to us.

I just renewed by phone. That was a very pleasant conversation. I wish all the companies I dealt with were as nice as the FMCA membership dept.

Double thumbs up 👍👍

Everyone was "NOTIFIED"  the day of the membership renewal cost increase.  Not given notice that the cost was going up.  That is NOT the way the membership would vote.  

I received the notification today of the increase.  I can live with it because it is still a very good value and I sure do not wish to see the program or the FMCA go away.  Yeah, it would have been better if they had sent a message saying that effective such and such date the price will go up, but I also see a lot of folks trying to renew before the increase took effect. 

So I guess I understand.  I had already renewed for 3 years so it seems a little unfair for me to take advantage of that and not volutaraly pony up the increase so I will make a voluntary donation. 

With that said, I renewed by phone andit was an easy and pleasant experience. 

Chuck and Katie Woodall

I did not hear of this huge increase in renewal fees until the office was closed on Aug 30. I sent a message requesting an adjustment - we’ll see if that goes anywhere.

If not - I guess the membership will drop by one in November...

To me and it is just my opinion so please don't bombard me with attacks.

The increase was not in response to cost per member we pay each month it was because of the administrative cost. Seven Corners has done a great job handling the cases where needed. There were l believe 145 or so cases where members had to be transported due to either health issues or deaths. Seven Corners handled in excess of over 8,000 phone calls. The large number of calls had little or no relevance to health or worse. I won't start to mention some of the ridiculous things people called about.

Seven Corners handled each call politely and courteously. But each unnecessary call took time and man hours. 

That is the main reason for the increase. Will those kind of calls end, I don't think so.

So for $25.00 a year for this kind of coverage is very inexpensive.  I will gladly pay the increase and pray to God I never have to use it.

So I will get back off this very reckady soap box.

Remember "It all about having FUN"

Herman 

9 hours ago, 76GMC said:

I did not hear of this huge increase in renewal fees until the office was closed on Aug 30. I sent a message requesting an adjustment - we’ll see if that goes anywhere.

If not - I guess the membership will drop by one in November...

I found out when I opened this thread, must have missed the information if it was in the magazine.

Contact Skymed and request a quote for their  medical assist program. Here is the Good Sam medical assist fee chart, which is an addition to their membership fee. OTOH, like some do with the ESC plans, you may self-insure.

We have Skymed for our International travels, it's $185 each, per month!  FMCA Seven Corners is a Sweet Heart deal...IMHO, Herman is right  on the mark and if you feel that it's beyond your budget, then hang up your keys or cut out going to Starbucks for a week per year! :P:wacko: 

Ironically Good Sam sent me a coupon for their assist program yesterday. 

Regularly $89.95 per year reduced to $59.95 for now and if I use the coupon it will drop another $5.00. This can go up as you select different options. I didn’t care to dig deeper and run a comparison.

When you consider the FMCA rate with all of the other benefits it’s certainly a bargain. 

16 minutes ago, manholt said:

Joe.  We got the same...Linda dug.  $89.95, so no real savings, just math! :wacko: + the annual dues!  

Carl, I forgot the annual dues portion. I have a life membership.

Either way it’s not nearly as good as a deal as FMCA. 

Carl, Joe, that is the GS introductory price for new members, first year only, price almost doubles  2 year.  I let my GS ERS lapse when I bought the FMCA/Saferide policy, GS denied my attempt to enroll at the introductory price last week. I have a, IMO, good deal with FMCA/Saferide, I'll stick with it.

7 hours ago, RayIN said:

Carl, Joe, that is the GS introductory price for new members, first year only, price almost doubles  2 year.  I let my GS ERS lapse when I bought the FMCA/Saferide policy, GS denied my attempt to enroll at the introductory price last week. I have a, IMO, good deal with FMCA/Saferide, I'll stick with it.

Good to know, I guess they sprayed that to everyone, we’ve been life members for 10 years or so now.