skgershey

Dead Battery

Scroll back to beginning of post.  It has one start (chassis) battery & a new one was installed at time of purchase!  Just because it's new, is no guarantee that it's good...I think it has a dead cell.

Strange place for a battery, unless it's the starter battery in the rear of coach!  Both of my chassis batteries, series 31, are on a tray above the Jack System, in last bay on passenger side!!  :( Only coach that have been that way...out of 17 ! 

6 hours ago, skgershey said:

only has one other battery I can find....it is in the compartment with the auto level system jack pump.

If the battery in the compartment with the level system is the 'other battery' then which battery was replaced when the rig was purchased?

If Carl is correct and the battery over the level system is the chassis start battery, then this is the battery that needs attention if the problem is cranking the engine.

Where was the battery located which was replaced?

Photos?

new battery is in the engine compartment behind rt headlamp assy. second battery (house?) right side compartment with the pump assy for leveling.. not sure how to post photos yet...guess it would help to learn. Good point to check both for bad cell. I will get a hygrometer this w/e

Thank you to all the replies and ideas posted by some pretty knowledgeable people. It's been an education. It would seem after going over all posts that this is a common occurrence in just about any motorhome. One comment in particular I found to be all to true..."the only thing that works on a motorhome is the owner" Hands on is still the best teacher! After much trial and error I decided to install onboard battery maintainer. Batteries not a problem since. Have added to my onboard toolbox, test lights, hygrometer, digital meter, etc. On to new things like setting up the toad.:wacko: