Sign in to follow this  
genenick

Satellite Pig Tail Location

I have a 2006 Damon Challenger Motorhome and I have a question. I called Damon (Thor) and asked them where does the gray satellite wire that is in the cabinet beside the TV on driver's side terminate. I was told that this was for installation of a roof mounted satellite antenna and the wire would be in a 1/2 piece of plastic pipe that pokes up from the roof forward of the front air conditioner. The pipe would have a cap on top of it sealing it off. I climbed back on the roof and scoured the entire unit and could not find anything that remotely resembles this piece of pipe. Can anyone who has a Damon unit shed any light on where this cable may terminate on the satellite side.

Also one other question I have that might save me some looking it the other cable that runs from the cabinet on the drivers side, behind the TV, to the opposite cabinet termination location. The guy from Thor indicated that it should have terminated on the top coax connection on the amplifier card. The bottom coax connector is the amplified signal from the existing Winegard Antenna on the roof. Has anyone put a satellite dish receiver on the cabinet on the drivers side and used the factory wiring to hook up their unit? I plan on taking it to the selling dealer in a couple of weeks to seek their assistance if I cannot get some help here. So far all the questions I have asked on this unit have been answered correctly and promptly.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Gene

My Holiday Rambler (2000) had a printed decal on the roof just behind the front cap "Cut here for satellite dish cables." That cable may also go to one of the compartments to allow connection of a tripod mounted or some other portable satellite antenna.

Thanks Dave. We discussed having an alternate location in one of the compartments; which would be where the park cable hooks up at. I really want to find this roof cable as I am putting in a roof mounted unit. My next best guess is that it may be buried under the front A/C housing cover. The area at the front cap seems to be well sealed and no indication that there would be a cable there; however that may be the magic location. Take care and Happy Easter. Gene

If you know someone that does phone work or network cabling you may be able to put a tone generator on the cable and use a sniffer to read the tone and trace the cables location on the roof. Some electricians have cable tracing tools as well.