Sign in to follow this  
rfsod48

Texas 130 toll road

Question

Does anyone know the toll cost for Texas 130? It looks like this would save time getting around Austin.

13 answers to this question

Can't be that bad. You can also drive a little faster on that road, it has a posted speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h), the highest posted speed limit in the United States. 

Bill

In my coach & toad, $35 from I-10 to 4 miles past Georgetown...it does not go to Waco!  Small price to pay, to by pass Austin.  Where are you coming from and going?

Thanks Bill, we only go 60-65 but it does go around Austin. I am getting so that I really don’t like big city driving with all of the ongoing construction.

Carl we will be leaving Alsatian RV on Tuesday headed home. We usually go around Dallas and take 30 east. Is the toll by axel or length?

axles!  You could also take Hwy 281 up to I-20, I try to stay away from any part of I-35...Right now, they are still working on it, just north of Georgetown to just south of Waco and there is two sections at Killeen, Ft. Hood, where you are diverted unto a one lane of service road, for 5+ miles...rough as a cob! We found that out last month! :wacko::angry: Took an hour!

We have used 281 before and that is probably the way we will go. There is a nice park at 20, Coffee Creek.

Roland,

Coffee Creek is a nice park, we have had several Rallies there. Don't forget to go to Naty Flats (just a bit south on 281) for BBQ. Good BBQ, Great Potato Salad and Peach Fried Pies that are to die for. 

Herman

Yes, Naty Flats is good eats! Our Jack Russel is fascinated by the cows and horses in the pasture by the rv sites.

12 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

Carl we will be leaving Alsatian RV on Tuesday headed home. We usually go around Dallas and take 30 east. Is the toll by axel or length?

What route are you taking? Are you going through Little Rock? I like the Downtown Riverside RV Park. downtownriversidervpark.com

Bill

Bill, we will be on 40 thru Little Rock, normally we go to Memphis but we may stop at Riverside. Thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Herman, is that the one in Hico?  Where you turn left to continue on 281.  Great place!!

No, Natty Flats is just about 4 or 5 miles south of I-20 on Hwy 281. Home of the world larger Mesquite Rocking Chair. Not familiar with the one in Hico. But in Hico is a house, I believe is called Asher House or something similar to that, that make handmade chocolate candies that is to die for.

Herman 

2 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

Bill, we will be on 40 thru Little Rock, normally we go to Memphis but we may stop at Riverside. Thanks for the info.

When going East from Coffey Creek stay on I-20 and follow it around the south side to I-30 on the East side of the metroplex.

I find that LR is about as far as I want to drive on the first day heading out. 

Just across the river from the RV park is the Clinton Presidential Library. They have a walking bridge across the river (that is lite up at night ) so you could walk to it if you wanted to. 

Bill