Sign in to follow this  
rfrum10@aol.com

Road Conditions East Oregon

Question

Want to find out if GPS or online map directions are really drivable.

First Road info needed:  George Millican Rd connecting US 20 near Burns, OR with US 26 in Prineville, OR.  Can a 40' Class A use this road?

Thanks, Ralph

4 answers to this question

Ralph,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Are you asking for condition of the road or weather right now on that road?

If asking what the road is like (assuming weather OK), I use googlemap to get satellite view and if questionable, "drop the little man" to get street level view. You can scroll along the whole route in a couple of minutes.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/+George+Millican+Rd++Burns,+Oregon/@44.165862,-120.9116083,4687a,35y,44.25t/data=!3m1!1e3

SO, with no first hand information, just that gained from using the link above, if weather is not an issue, I would not hesitate to use that road.  Yes, not overly wide, but likely very little traffic.

US 20 is mostly one lane with medium width shoulder, I took it in my 45 with Toad, from Bend to Utah in 2014, nice drive & would do it again!  US 26 should be the same, not been on it.  I would google it first on Sat view!

A Truckers Road Atlas has alls road that are approved for semi's highlighted in yellow/orange. The front section contains bridge heights and weight limits.

George Millican Rd is fine.  As noted above, not much for shoulders (gravel).  My 40' DP does fine.  Highway 20 is a good road.  Light traffic on both.

Lenp