twomccool

Cocoa ,Fl to San Antonio' TX

Question

Getting ready to leave this Friday (04-12-19) for San Antonio,Tx.
I just got back on my feet again after battling Throat Cancer and WON the fight. 😃 Still have aways to go till I'm 100%.

Anyway , my daughter (and I can't praise her enough, without her I KNOW that I wouldn't be here now) and myself will heading to San Antonio for a "KICKED CANCER"S *** " party as most of my family lives in Texas. Besides, I haven't been on the road now for some time, time to start traveling again.

Going to take about 4 maybe 5 days travel time. I tell that to most people and they say "why so long". My answer " After Cancer I am taking more time to smell the roses" 

Thinking about going to the FMCA rally in Minot, ND in August. Then on to Idaho and down to. 😎 " Los Vegas , baby! " 😎 This trip will be like a 30 - 45 day run.

Hoping to see ya'll on the road!

5 answers to this question

Twomccool.  Welcome to the Forum!:D

Congrats on your recovery & positive outlook on life!  Take all the time you need and enjoy your daughter!  Do the things you always wanted to & put aside for one reason or another!  You have a second chance...Just DO IT. 

6 hours ago, twomccool said:

I just got back on my feet again after battling Throat Cancer and WON the fight. 😃 Still have aways to go till I'm 100%.

As a fellow cancer survivor (prostrate) I know how you feel. Life is good.

6 hours ago, twomccool said:

I haven't been on the road now for some time, time to start traveling again.

I got my clearance to travel on a Tuesday and left town on Wednesday for 92 days. That was almost 2 years ago.

7 hours ago, twomccool said:

Going to take about 4 maybe 5 days travel time. I tell that to most people and they say "why so long". My answer " After Cancer I am taking more time to smell the roses" 

That actually sounds like a fairly fast trip. My motto is on the road by 9 off by happy hour.:P

If you find someplace interesting Don't hesitate to spend as long as it takes to see and explore it.

Welcome to the forum.

Bill

At my age Happy Hour is a nap.

Twomcool,

You probably have your trip planned out but if you are taking your time. Here is one way to avoid Houston, although I personally don't feel it is that bad to drive through Houston.

Pick up Hwy 105 in Beaumont, TX and follow it all the way to Navasota, TX. In Navasota take Hwy 6 south to Hempstead, then Hwy 159 to Bellville, and then 36 to I-10.

For those that don't like city driving the 105 route is much less stressful.

Where will you be staying in SA?

Congratulations on winning.

Agree to a point.  In Bellville take 159 to La Grange, then 77 to Schulenburg & I-10!  You'll see fields of Texas favorite flowers...Blue Bonnets and Indian Paint Brushes! :D