08Winger

99 Monaco LaPalma... Generac generator will not start

I have a 99 Monaco LaPalma... the generator will not start.  When I push the start button it acts as if the battery is dead, nothing turns over.  House batteries are brand new and the chassis battery easily turns over the coach motor.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Are you using the remote start switch or the one on the generator? How long are you holding the switch down in the start position? Try using the one on the generator and see if you hear the fuel pump run.

Bill

Thanks Bill.  Tried both switches to no avail.  Using the switch on the Generac I cannot hear the fuel pump running.  When depressing the switch it just very faintly clicks for about 15 seconds and then shuts off.  Really sounds and acts like a dead battery but all batteries are operating fine.  Checked fuse on the generator as well.

08, try to locate the ground to the generator, make sure it’s clean and properly connected. While at it double check 12v power to the generator. 

Ok do like jleamont said you might use your meter to see if you have 12V power to the start switch. How long did you hold the switch down? 

I started my generator today and it took quite a while before the starter kicked in.

Bill

Last time that happened to me, I installed a new ground wire to resolve the problem, as Joe stated above. You can use a set of jumper cables, using only one cable from a good ground point to the generator ground point, if this is the problem, it should turn over just fine with this temporary fix.

Winger, I have some Generac Diesel manuals in stock, but if you can offer the generator model information and if you are comfortable working on this kind of equipment. I well forward one that is correct or at least close  to the wiring. 

Rich.