Sign in to follow this  
Mjarry

Rv satellite

Ok thanks for helping I have a 2003 HR Ambassador which came with a tracvision satellite system no receiver I have directv at home that I have had for over 20 years in the past I had a direct receiver listed in my directv profile as travel, so I only used it when I traveled and.  And it worked fine until i started going further from my home. 

I live in NH so when i was in Florida for example the receiver would pickup the new England channels but no signal on those channels in the past i would call directv they would send a signal to my receiver and i would get channels in the area i was in. 

Well since at&t took over they don't do that anymore they want me to open. Another account in Florida for $70 a month then if I go to New Mexico same thing I must be doing something wrong can you help me and tell me what to do.  I use to pay $5.00 a month for the travel receiver that looks like that deal is over please give me your thought my tracvision works with directv or dish. Thank you

What you describe is the way they are doing it now.  I have Directv and I just have Phoenix as the local channels which I have to be in Az or close by {Las Vegas} to receive them.  When I'm everywhere else I try to get the local channels on the over the air antenna.

Thank you so are all the saterlite companies doing this because there are some places I go dry camping where I can get no signal except saterlite it seems you spend the money for saterlite system whether directv or dish for your traveling rv and they limit it like that.  Thank you for your responce very appreciated. 

I use Directv and just acquire  a satellite signal wherever I go. The local channels as stated by dd69 don't work too far away from home for me either, but that isn't a problem for me anyway. I have a DVR on my receiver and while at home I record many things that I might like to watch later, and watch those when I am too lazy to acquire a signal on the dish, this is many times as we are inclined to just stay overnight while in transit from home to a far off destination. Dish still offers a pay as you go plan and will send local signals to almost anywhere, just not your home channels because of contracts with local stations.

5 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

I use Directv and just acquire  a satellite signal wherever I go. The local channels as stated by dd69 don't work too far away from home for me either, but that isn't a problem for me anyway. I have a DVR on my receiver and while at home I record many things that I might like to watch later, and watch those when I am too lazy to acquire a signal on the dish, this is many times as we are inclined to just stay overnight while in transit from home to a far off destination. Dish still offers a pay as you go plan and will send local signals to almost anywhere, just not your home channels because of contracts with local stations.

Thank you

We use Direct at all houses and RV's...works the same as mentioned above in RV for $5 a month for each receiver...$10 total.  We are now 297 miles from main house and get all local channels!