Sign in to follow this  
johnsonkcng

Cummins isb engine code

I recently purchased a 1998 holiday Rambler endeavor with the cummins 5.9 isb and  6 speed allison  trans. The motorhome runs great but for one problem. I went to start it this morning and the check engine light came on. Following the instructions to extract codes it read as 0372. After a google search this is “idle select high/low”. Does anyone know what this means and how to remedy it? 

johnsonkcng.  Welcome to the Forum! :)

On mine, if I want high idle in the morning, I turn on my cruise control and press select at 86 degrees...that brings it up to 900 rpm, when engine coolant temp gets to around 140 degrees, I turn CC off and idle drops back to normal.  One time I forgot to turn CC off, before putting coach in gear and parking break off...I got the engine light after about 10 minutes!  When I stopped & set the break, the light went off...Then it dawned on me!

Don't know if that's what the light is asking you!  

John, Welcome to the Forum!

The older Throttle control wiring system had a high and idle wire circuit. It could be an issue right at the connection on the peddle or some thing just stuck or dirt holding the peddle at an increased idle.

Rich.