Sign in to follow this  
murphski1949

Magnum Energy Remote set-up

I have a 2015 Thor Tuscany and trying to find out the average settings on a ME-RC 50 remote. I'm not sure what to set the low battery and charge rate. Can any body help, I'm confused after reading the manuals.

43 minutes ago, murphski1949 said:

I have a 2015 Thor Tuscany and trying to find out the average settings on a ME-RC 50 remote. I'm not sure what to set the low battery and charge rate. Can any body help, I'm confused after reading the manuals.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

The First item needed is the total Amp Hrs. of you coach batteries, most common number is 4 - 6 volts connected in to 2 sets of 12 volts - that are charged at a charging current equal to the total AH rating of the battery bank. 

Then the members can offer some help full information.

Rich.

murphski1949,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Please walk us through the questions and we can help with answer (after asking you question that may be easier to understand).

Here are standard questions for most smart inverter/chargers-- order may be different than yours:

Battery bank size in amp-hrs @ 12 VDC.

Battery technology (wet cell, AGM,  or gel)

Ambient temperature (unless remote temperature probe is fit)

Power save/power share to allow you to reduce the amps of 120 VAC used for battery charging if on limited shore power (like plugged into a house 15 amp outlet).

Let us know what questions you have.

This is a example of the settings of my ME-RC 50 

Shore Max:  30 AMP  Yes I have 50 AMPS but this seems to be the default

Search Watts:  5W  This should be set to the minimum to turn on inverter from standby

Battery Amp Hr:  400 amps   In my case I have four 6 volts x 110 amps each = about 400 amp hr 

Battery type:  Flooded

There is an online manual if you need more help.  

If your having trouble be sure to check temperature.  By pressing the tech button can check battery and two inverter internal temperature.