jkhac

2004 Monaco Dynasty 400 Cummins ISL engine idles fine but won't run when acceleration

Brett, Monaco and Foretravel sound similar, I can see all the way to the center of our tank (baffle blocks 1/2 of the tank) if the level is low. And there is a fill on both sides. 

On 4/21/2019 at 10:45 AM, huffypuff said:

My ISC has a lift pump, although I've never had it off, I would think it also has a screen like my old 5.9 CTD had in its lift pump. I wonder if algae can clog this screen?

In an enclosed tank, the little microbes, will clog up any size, from rabbit screen to cheese cloth!  

On 5/24/2019 at 7:13 PM, RayIN said:

My ISC has a lift pump, although I've never had it off, I would think it also has a screen like my old 5.9 CTD had in its lift pump. I wonder if algae can clog this screen?

My ISL has a screen on the pump inlet. However with two filters before it it’s not likely algae would make it that far. 

I had a bad case of Diesel bugs a few years ago in our coach. They originated in the tank and stopped at the primary filter. Looked like blackberry jam and multiplied like The Blob, if anyone has even seen that movie.

4 hours ago, jleamont said:

My ISL has a screen on the pump inlet. However with two filters before it it’s not likely algae would make it that far. 

I had a bad case of Diesel bugs a few years ago in our coach. They originated in the tank and stopped at the primary filter. Looked like blackberry jam and multiplied like The Blob, if anyone has even seen that movie.

I learn more every day. My 1996  5.9 lift pump was the first thing in the progression from tank to injection pump. When I had my lift pump off to replace the flexible lines from the metal lines along the frame to the pump I removed the screen to check it-clean as new. The flexible fuel lines though were collapsed inside enough to restrict flow, causing the engine to lack power on a hard pull, that was 2001. Wasn't that about when diesel fuel was changed?

Yes I remember The Blob, scary then, hokey today.

Ray, That is why replacing the lines with B-20 series lines in many cases a good move. 

The B -20 stands for bio 20 % fuel if a reader does not understand the term. 

The Blob remover for older lines, Pre Bio fuel days.

Rich.

6/15/2019 recapp ---   After road testing and being left beside the road and being towed to Cummings in Savannah Ga,  waiting 5 days to be looked at and several days diagnosing (over Memorial Day Weekend) several diagnosis came back different each time.  Finally the High Pressure Pump was singled out , from line from tank to engine bad, tank bad, and several other conditions  Pump was installed total bill:  Labor $3924.00  Parts Misc Charges $4620 = $8544.00.   This is after paying $900.00 to local mechanic who gave up doing nothing to help and suggested taking to Cummins.  What an experence and at least I hope its fixed as only 50 miles put on so far.   After all this my house batteries failed completely and just up graded to AGM's from Flooded Lead Batteries. Also tow guys ran air to Coach and having trouble with air bags now eratic  so more diagnostic in process.  

Wow - sorry to hear about that. Hopefully they got it resolved now and you can move on.

When they lifted/towed the coach, did they support the lifted axle or just let it hang? If they let is hang, check to see if the leveling valve's arm got bent or if an airbag was damaged. Can't say for your coach specifically, but leaving an axle hanging during tow on some coaches can cause problems with the air bags & leveling valves. Just mentioning it so you have a place to start looking.

5 hours ago, manholt said:

If your 2004 has a tag axle, then the U-Joint needs to be disconnected, before towing.

Hmmmm! Whether tag axel or no tag axel, u-joint or drive axels should be removed to protect the transmission. Tag axel on most coaches have nothing to do with the u-joint. My coach requires that the air supply to tag axel should be turned off to prevent the tag from carrying too much load if the front is lifted.

Kay, my bad.  🍷🍷  Just looked up mine, dump air from tag & disconnect U joint.  I can dump air by a rocker switch, helps in tight corners or campgrounds.