Sign in to follow this  
Salembill

Toads

3 hours ago, Salembill said:

Does anyone have experience towing a Cadillac SRX 

it can not be flat towed according to the Good Sam Dinghy Towing manual. 

We towed our 2012 SRX4 for a few years and thousands of miles with no problems.  Just unlock the shifter with engine off and put in neutral.  Requires starting the engine every few hundred miles to refresh the transmission lubrication.  We have AWD model as FWD you have to use the tow dolly.  You can't dolly tow the AWD SRX.

8 hours ago, dclaridge said:

Does anyone know if you can flat tow a 2016 Ford Explorer 4x4?

What does the manual say regarding rv flat towing? You can also look in the FMCA Towable Guide.

Elkhart Jim and Wayne77590 .. Thank you both for your reply. The FMC towable guide says you can tow an Explorer 4x4. The manual says no to 4x4, but then under recreational towing says can be towed if has 3.5 ecoboost or duratec systems. We could find no way on the vehicle to determine if it was equipped with duratec system. We know it was not ecoboost. Does anyone know how to determine if the vehicle has duratec system? I’ve attached the page in the manual in case someone interprets it differently. Thank you 

384DE35F-7C6E-4824-BE12-BFFC82496DA4.jpeg

Call Ford corporate offices, speak to the service department and give them you VIN. I hate the manuals because as "owner" manuals they give you information for all models when you specifically want information on your model.  One time I called on an automobile for information because the manual contradicted other information and they said that, "It was a cut an paste and should not be in there."

See if this helps, Ford VIN

Wayne,

Correct. I had issues with getting my 4X4 Silverado transfer case into neutral. Took it to the dealer who found no problem. When I picked up the truck the service writer said he had put the printed instructions on the seat of my truck. Read them and they were nowhere near what the Owners Manual said. Works like a dream now every time (with the right instructions).

Herman