bigben6969

50 amp Winn Journey 36g

Hi. I have a electrical issue. when i plug in to 50 amp my Amp load meter inside say i have 50 amp but nothing works ref still on LP and AC will not come on. When i plug in to 30 amp everything works.  last time i used 50 amps was a Perry ga. convention but its been on 30 amp since then. Is there some i can do to fix it ?

Sounds like you are losing a "hot leg" somewhere. Could be in transfer switch, panel etc. Need to pull panel cover off inside rv and start checking the legs with a volt meter. should be 240 vac across the 2 hot legs and 120 each leg to ground.

1 hour ago, BIGBEN6969 said:

Hi. I have a electrical issue. when i plug in to 50 amp my Amp load meter inside say i have 50 amp but nothing works ref still on LP and AC will not come on. When i plug in to 30 amp everything works.  last time i used 50 amps was a Perry ga. convention but its been on 30 amp since then. Is there some i can do to fix it ?

The load management must be seeing something wrong on 50 amps.  check from the pedestal to the cord to transfer switch for opens.  If ok there continual to the circuit breaker box for opens.     

What year is your Journey? There were some 2006 and 2007 Journeys that had a bad board in the load management system. I had one and it would only show 30 A.

We were at an RV area last week that had pedestals with 2ea 30 amp outlets and 2ea 15 amp outlets. Several were having issues with their pedestals. I got to checking and found on several pot that the 30 amp plugs were both on the same leg. Moved one of the breakers over to the second leg and wala problem solved.

Sorry but if the OP is on the first 50 amp pedestal since Perry he might try hooking to another another to see if it may just be the pedestal before tearing into his ATS.

Herman 

When I plug in my Surge Guard (model 44270)  with out the coach plug in all 3 green light are on. once I plug in the coach 1 red and 2 green . L1 or L2 Neutral Reversed?

Check the pedestals plug across L1 &L2 to see if you 220 volts. If not try combinations of L1and the ground then the neutral and see if you have 220 volts. The same with L2. If either way you get 220 volts you have a hot ground or neutral. 

Herman 

Is your coach 30 amp or 50 amp, 30 amp = 2 spade, one round, 50 amp = 2 spade, one round, and one semi round?