Sign in to follow this  
blakleyfamily

Living room slide outs

The living room slide outs on our 2005 Fleetwood Discovery don't work properly. The bedroom works fine. In the living room, sometimes the slide outs work and sometimes it's like I can hear them clicking but they won't move. Now, they each went outran couple of inches but won't move at all, not even a clicking sound. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Maker of slide out. Controller model of slide out. All would be helpful in trying to give you some help. We may have a different model MH but we may have the same slideout mechanism and controls.

blakleyfamily

Good Pictures!   I can lift the control part numbers and look at the power gear manual I think matches your setup.

By chance can you get a good picture of the control panel you have install - there should be some numbers on it.

Good thing is I do have some of the OEM manuals on file and will see how close they might come to your system. A starting point and some of the boards are replaceable from venders, but first will need to have you check some things. Are you able to test things with a meter?

Rich.

Thanks Bill, there are three harnesses, two for the living room and one for the bedroom. Since the bedroom works fine, I'll switch it with one of the living room harnesses.  In the picture I posted, I'm assuming the top harness is the bedroom and the two lower ones are the living room, It's odd that both living room slides stopped at the same time, sure seems like like a relay or circuit breaker issue.. I checked the house batteries with a hydrometer and cleaned the terminals yesterday. thanks again.

Like Ernie said, the slide motors take a lot of "juice" When you try the slides are you on shore power? My owners manual says to have the engine running to operate slides. 

Bill

yes, I've tried it with shore power, engine running, generator power. There are four U S battery 2200XC batteries in it now so I'm going to replace them with Super Start (BCI) GC2 deep cycle batteries. This rv has a"smart inverter" which is way smarter than I am. It has a programmer that allows me to enter the type of battery, amp hours etc. It seems that everything goes through the batteries, gen power, shore power and alternator, I'll change em out, program it and cross my fingers I guess.