miturn1

Need in dash A/C repair jacksonville, FL area

Recently, our in-dash A/C stopped working - checked by mobile RV mechanic who said the lines were freezing over and that I need to seek further repair that cannot be done in the field. Does anyone know a good repair shop for this in the Jacksonville, FL area?

Thanks in advance

miturn1,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

There is nothing special about RV dash HVAC's other than perhaps longer lines if a DP.

Please tell us what RV you have-- we don't know if you have an older coach with R12 or R134A, gas or diesel. new or 30 years old.

Here in Milwaukee the International dealers/repair shops have a/c techs that work on various make/model of vehicles, including motorhomes. You're not limited to an RV dealer - call around to the various places that work on trucks/buses and see who has an a/c tech. An added plus is if you can find a dealer from your chassis manufacturer.

Looks like you have a number of Freightliner dealers in your area. That's where I'd start searching, unless someone else has a specific shop to recommend. In my experience it's sometimes best to go to the shop and talk to the service department ahead of time in person rather than by phone when bringing a coach to a commercial shop for the first time.

5 hours ago, miturn1 said:

Recently, our in-dash A/C stopped working - checked by mobile RV mechanic who said the lines were freezing over and that I need to seek further repair that cannot be done in the field. Does anyone know a good repair shop for this in the Jacksonville, FL area?

Thanks in advance

Rather New Coach to be having serious AC Issues.

Did the Mobile Tech write up what was tested and some numbers on what the AC Manifold pressure reading where? Was The Tech a business rep. or independent? Did the Tech check the system voltage?

Freightliner Factory service center is in Gaffney S.C. _ Might offer that they are the best around !

Rich.

Could be nothing more then a fuse

miturn1

Does anything on the AC work? Blower, Heater. If the Blower is working check and see if the Compressor is engaging. If it is engaging and still not blowing cold air then you may have low or no Freon. If the blower is not engaging you can check it by unplugging the unit and run a jumper to it and see if it engages. If it does engage  there is a component up front that may be bad. On my Monaco I found the wire to the blower had a break somewhere so I ran a new wire and all is well. I also had a very slow leak but in checking all my fittings I found one that tighten less that 1/4 turn and the leak stopped. 

As Brett said any good automotive A/C tech can,if willing, work on the unit. The only difference is that the hoses are 40 feet long rather then just 4 feet long.  

Herman