dickandlois

Onan Hybrid Quit Diesel generator system

Looking through some files and refreshing the gray matter and came across this file .  A totally different animal because this generator was built with a inverter/charger and transfer switch built into generator. 

The engine size and generator are built almost the same as any of the QD series, but with the items mentioned on line one. The other major difference is the error code list and it is total different then all the other QD series.

https://powersuite.cummins.com/PS5/PS5Content/SiteContent/en/Binary_Asset/pdf/Consumer/specsheets/a-1502.pdf

Rich.   

Interesting concept. I've read about some owners doing the same thing by incorporating a large battery bank/inverter into their generator system. I imagine that this allows for the use of a smaller generator than would be required if running just on generator, as the inverter can help fill the short-term heavier loads imposed by things like starting a/c units, etc. All that's really required to set this up is a control system that automatically can shift the source to meet the load.

Nice that they've incorporated it all into one package.

Have you seen this installed and in use yet?

Richard, I have Not seen one to date and they are used with he bigger QD diesel. Nice Concept, but one would want the generator on a slide out.

HQD 8/10 and 12/18 sized generators.

Rich.