squiredude

Towing MBz SL500 or best solution?

Hi,

Prefer to Flat tow a toad but open to suggestions to modify car or ???

I'm tired of flat towing boring and uncomfortable cars...  Time for a change... I'd love to tow a late 90's MBz SL500, or an SL380 or SL450 (all rear wheel drive)?  I figure as they are automatic, wish MBz made manuals, (but nothing since the old Diesels & wagons) they are a no go!  

I also like late 90's Jaguar convertibles… similar issues (no manuals)(rear wheel drive)… so I think that the tow dolly is not an option!

Are there any mods that can be made to make it any of these work apart from a flat bed trailer. 

As a third choice how about a classic 60's or 70's car (preferably manual) as a toad?  But that would cost more than my budget unless I can get lucky!  Yeah right! :-( 

Being retired and on SSI I've got a limited budget.  I'd like to keep the cost to $5000 or LESS!!!  Or trade my clean 1998 Honda CRV with new paint and an replacement engine with less than 90k on it.

Would love to hear any suggestions for a car (convertible).. or tow method... or car mod...!

Thanks to everyone in advance for your time.

1 hour ago, SquireDude said:

Or trade my clean 1998 Honda CRV with new paint and an replacement engine with less than 90k on it.

That  sounds like the plan.

Bill