hottuna

2019 Lincoln Nautilus

Has anyone set up a Lincoln Nautilus for recreational towing ( 4 down)?  I am interested in how to hook up ie. put in neutral, stay in neutral, ignition on or off, etc.  I have contacted Ford and Lincoln Concierge  without much help from them.

hottuna,

Welcome to the Forum.

My suggestion would be to contact Blue OX, Roadmaster or Remco to see if they make base plates for your Lincoln.

Blue Ox    blue0x.com or 800-228-9289

Roadmaster     roadmasterinc.com or 800-669-9690

Someone come to my rescue, I can't remember who purchased Remco.

Anyway that is where I would start.

Good luck,

Herman

I was looking to buy a new Nautilus earlier this year but got confused with the owners manual saying (1) place it in "Stay In Neutral" mode per the "transmission" section.  Looking at the transmission section it tell you how to do that but then says DO NOT TOW in this mode.  I bought a 2018 MKX instead.

Lenp

We looked at this vehicle as well and were told it is not towable 4 down by the dealer.  If you get it set up to tow please post how you did it as we are in the market for our next car to tow 4 down.  We love our MKS and prefer a sedan but it seems all companies are going to SUV's.

You got me excited when I saw your post and I looked it up online in the owners manual.  According to Lincoln the 2.7 L is towable 4 down.  Our search begins. The one we looked at must have had the other engine.

For the Lincoln Nautilus I haven't been able to find a wiring kit for the brake/tail lights. Blue Ox says they have not made one as they haven't figured it out yet. Road master has wiring instruction for Lincoln Nautilus and Navigator with pictures. Locale ford dealer got for me But, it has a switch to remove power when driving and on when towing. I think I get the switch not to have stray current going to the computer. " Run the flat four wiring harness through the fire wall and wire it to the post side of the remote battery disconnect" My Nautilus has no such remote battery disconnect that I know of and not where it is pictured in wiring instructions. The owners manual says if battery power is low or lost the car will come out of neutral and shift to park. stumped. 

J Guess

J,

Welcome to the Forum.

I would have used the Diode Kit and not have cut into the wiring harness.

As for your last statement I Would be sure and run a charging line to keep the battery charged.

Herman

Please be very careful about using diodes. Several manufacturers are voiding the vehicle warranty if you connect using diodes. I just bought a 2019 Equinox and my local RV dealer and Roadmaster stated to not wire into the auto’s rear lights. I used LED system that did not use the auto’s electrical system. Roadmaster and Chevrolet also stated to not use a rock shield in front of the Equinox. I assume to not block air flow, but the reason was not stated. Both also stated to use a charge wire to keep the battery up. Not sure why this wouldn’t void warranty, also. 

When I had my CR-V set up they used a wiring kit from Blue Ox that added extra led lights to the light housing and I am not in any way tied into the car wiring. Thus preventing any questions about being spliced into the CR-V wiering.

Bill

image.thumb.png.d376d4ce328b592ccc41914f710737e3.png

On 7/22/2019 at 4:05 PM, jguess said:

Thanks for the inputs I called Roadmaster this morning and got my questions answered. I have got an appointment Aug 2nd in Vancouver WA. at Roadmaster. They will install the wiring mod and the light wiring from coach to car. Also, Air Force One, Base plate and a Charge line. Will post after completed.

https://www.roadmasterinc.com/pdf/85-6041.pdf

J Guess

On 7/22/2019 at 4:05 PM, jguess said:

Thanks for the inputs I called Roadmaster this morning and got my questions answered. I have got an appointment Aug 2nd in Vancouver WA. at Roadmaster. They will install the wiring mod and the light wiring from coach to car. Also, Air Force One, Base plate and a Charge line. Will post after completed.

https://www.roadmasterinc.com/pdf/85-6041.pdf

J Guess