kimenker

No Electrical / Power Indicated Anywhere

Just got back from a weekend trip with full connections 50amp. Reconnected to my home with 110, 20 amp for lights and refer came home to no lights elminted on my master board or anywhere else. No lights, refer, microwave, the inverter/charger quite also. Something did trip my house GFIC receptacle however resetting it didn't help get things back illuminating.  Sure could use some help! Some of the fuse are out further than others but when pushed they don't go back in, so I'm not sure if they should be out like shown or not. They are flush with the housing so I think that is the correct position. 

0508191708[1].jpg

0508191709.jpg

0508191711.jpg

0508191712.jpg

Yes I've reset the GFIC at the house. What bothers me is I've got nothing in the coach. The refer is black and can't be set to gas, there's nothing.

Have you tried to plug into another outlet at the house? If something tripped the GFCI breaker/outlet, you might have a problem with that outlet even after resetting it.

If you are not plugged in, and with your generator off, do you have 12v power at all in the coach? You should still have 12v power when you're unplugged unless your batteries have gone dead.

The home plug is good and works properly, I've removed power from the coach. The coach has not 12v power nor is it displayed on any devices. So I tried to start the generator, no luck. Then I started the engine to make sure it started and it did. So then I tried the generator again and it started as well as all devises and displays. Turned off the engine and the generator and all functions were normal and illuminating. Don't have any idea what happen or why, but it appears the Refer is not running on ac only propane. So I'll need to look into that tomorrow. 

Only thing I can think of is (2) fans, the Refer and a battery Minder was running and must have caused the receptacle to give and caused a disconnect of everything and when the generator/engine started they may have reset things.  I had checked all coach breakers and fuses...Non tripped, so I'm lost. 

Jack

Thanks for your-all replies and help.

Jack, Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

You Did not post the Make, Model and Year of your coach; but the pictures provided look like a Winnebago layout.

Was there some electrical storms in the area while you where away? 

Was the Microwave clock or any other item not running properly in the house when you returned?

Rich.

No DC or AC whatsoever right? I doubt a lightening strike would disable both at the same time, but with mother nature anything is possible. Is the main DC fuse downstream of the batteries passing voltage? Is voltage detected at the RV entrance for 120VAC?

Approach it logically, begin at the power source and test every connection towards the end points until you locate "no power".

Let's start over. Have you checked the outlet the RV is plugged into with a meter? On the 120 side I would see (if you have power to the main shore power cord)if the auto transfer switch is connecting to shore power. My default setting is to the generator. 

Are your battery switches on? What does each battery read at the battery with your meter? Do you have 12+ volts? Do you have 12+Volts after the inline fuse? Keep following the circuit to the battery control panel or till you find where the power stops. If you don't have 12v power nothing in the RV will work because everything uses 12 Volt power for the control boards.

Bill

Thank you all and here is what happen. 

I'd checked everything, power to home, power from home to end of cord, Generator. NOTHING!!

So I figured I'd better try and start the engine and make sure the coach starts. It started right up, so after a couple minutes I figured...try the generator again and it started. When it started everything was back to normal. Microwave, refrigerator, lighting, everything worked. So then I turned both the mention and generator off and the refer went to propane and everything looked normal. So I went back to the home plugged the cord back in plug the cord into the coach and everything worked as normal. Complete mystery to me but I'm sure someone knows how that could occur?

Glad things are working as expected. Should it happen again, you might want check the ATS. The only thing that comes to mind at the time.

Rich.