Sign in to follow this  
Sindur30

Towing 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk

What towbar set up are you using? All the major makers have wiring kits to hook up the lights. You can check Remco towing to. www.remcotowing.com/Towing/Store.php

Bill

Thanks.  Good advice.  So far I have checked with the tow bar guys and Hopkins etc and no one appears to have a plug in kit for the 2019.....only 2018 and older.  The Hopkins guy told me that I could use the universal kit but not if the vehicle had Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) which I guess a lot of people are using these days to manage LED lights.  I'm still working on trying to find out of the Trailhawk has PWM.  In any event, I am reluctant to use a solution that cuts the wires in the vehicle.  

When I bought my CR-V I had the dealer install the light kit. They installed a Blue Ox kit that added additional lights in the tail lights and were not tied into the cars wiring. 

Bill 

On 5/11/2019 at 9:35 PM, Sindur30 said:

BillnPenny

I just picked up a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk.  What are you using for the brake/turn light hookup???

We are using a diode system powered by the coach tail lights. We opted for the Blue Ox base plate and tow bar along with the Blue Ox Patriot brake system.

I just had my 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk outfitted and they used a Roadmaster harness kit for the lights.  The kit used was the Roadmaster Universal Kit 154.  No issues so far and the installation was done a month ago.