GABAHR

Illinois motor fuel tax violation

14 hours ago, manholt said:

Wayne, what's Texas got to do with what I posted ?

The brothers got their CDL so they would know what to do in a 45 foot DP, biggest vehicle they had for 38 years, was a Company car! Retired Oil Field Trash...like me!

My post was not replying to your post.

I just wanted to point out that a commercial vehicle is defined by weight by the Federal Authorities. States exempt RV's, well at least Texas does.

Point taken!  :P  You can have a LLC in any State and not be commercial...Both Doug & Kevin own no Real Estate, house or condo.  What they do own is Mineral rights in several States!  Texas, NM, OK, Montana, ND & SD, that is all in the Montana LLC.  They are not depriving any State of taxes!  They have their own Tax attorneys that set everything up for them.  

Sounds great for them. (Okay this answer your last post, just to keep things straight,)😇

BTW: Illinois gas tax, on July 1st, went from 19 cents a gallon to 38 cents a gallon and diesel  tax goes from 21.5 cents to 45.5 cents a gallon.

Lots more orange cones can be purchases,

When I purchased my new-to-me Ventana LE, the LLC idea (because of my ignorance never came to mind.  The sales tax for the Ventana LE was added to the price of the motorhome and included in my financing.   Financing the sales tax added ~$70 to the monthly loan payment and is a small portion of the monthly payment.  "Financing" the sales tax is allowed under Texas laws and is much easier on personal cash flow at motorhome purchase time.   Yes financing the sales tax means over the life of a 20 year loan the total amount paid (sales tax + loan interest for that amount) is more than paying the sales tax outright.  For the wife and me, and with God's blessings, we'll have our next "new to us" motorhome well before the new 20 year loan is paid off......

8 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Lots more orange cones can be purchases

That and the signs telling you the road is rough. Realey, why not just fix the road/potholes.

Bill

Never seen as much road construction as in Quebec Providence, Canada...we are now in New Brunswick and hope the roads are better!  Since I have only filled up once, 490 miles ago, I have not paid attention to fuel cost...Will top off  tank tomorrow.  I have seen the new State by State fuel tax...glad I don't live in or have  a wish to see California! 

Carl, we were just thru New Brunswick mostly on Hwy 2, the Trans Canada.  It's a 4 lane like an interstate and was in good shape.

We are now in PEI for a few weeks. The weather forecast is improving, supposed to get into the 80's on Friday. 

13 hours ago, manholt said:

Never seen as much road construction as in Quebec Providence, Canada

Remember they have a short "warm" season to work in. Most of the NE is like that with lots of bridge and road projects.

Bill

Ian,

We will be at Pine Hills RV Park, Harrington, PE. this afternoon!  We have hugged the coast line since Quebec, 132 to NB and now Rout 11 to TCH 1 to PEI.  We will be there 4 days. 

Well the weather has improved over the last week so you should definately enjoy the island! Make sure you take in some of the local seafood,  some great eating spots like Sou-West in New London and New Glasgow Lobster Suppers.  A real island tradition! Also some great shopping in many gift shops, antiques and art shops. 

Herman, I do believe the OP miss named the post...it had to do with him getting a ticket for running Montana Plates!  We have not heard from OP! 

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Herman, I do believe the OP miss named the post...it had to do with him getting a ticket for running Montana Plates!  We have not heard from OP! 

Correct - the tax man saw the Montana plates, which led him to discover that the rig was registered to an LLC, which led him to ask about the IFTA sticker...

I'd love to hear the end of the story as well. Did they fight it or just pay the ticket?

Also, the end amount he would have to pay Florida for Tax & Penalties!  He was not full time, lives in FL and has FL tag on Toad.  What a mess that is!