dsabers

Thinking of buying a a 2018 Pace Arrow 33D

Question is does anyone have any experience with this coach. It has a Cummins ISB 6.7L engine rated at 300hp and 675ft/lbs of torque. I have concerns about towing.

35 minutes ago, dsabers said:

It has a Cummins ISB 6.7L engine rated at 300hp and 675ft/lbs of torque. I have concerns about towing.

I don't know what you plan on towing, but if you stay within the guidelines I don't see a problem.

Welcome to the forum.

Bill

10 hours ago, dsabers said:

I have concerns about towing.

dsabers, I wouldn't be concerned. Its all relevant, smaller coach, smaller powertrain, bigger heavier coach larger powertrain more HP and torque.  

2 hours ago, jleamont said:

dsabers, I wouldn't be concerned. Its all relevant, smaller coach, smaller powertrain, bigger heavier coach larger powertrain more HP and torque.  

Thanks for the info. I was just wondering because there are some other manufactures that offer the same power plant but with more HP and Torque. I am moving from a gas coach (2007 Bounder) to a diesel coach and have heard of issues with some of the entry level coaches being under powered and having overheating issues. I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with these issues.

The other driveline question is which transmission.  Transmissions also have weight limits, particularly GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating).

Big difference between an Allison 2000 and 3000 series.

dsabers, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Question is does anyone have any experience with this coach. It has a Cummins ISB 6.7L engine rated at 300hp and 675ft/lbs of torque. I have concerns about towing.

Brett mentioned there is a big difference between the 2000 and 3000 series Allison.

This link might fill in some information gaps that you might have.

The ISB power range is much higher at lower RPM's  then the gas power plants.

Rich.   

Usually if there are issues with overheating with a diesel pusher, it's because the driver is trying to keep a constant speed going up a long uphill grade. Especially if towing a heavy tow vehicle. With even some of the larger coaches, there are times it's necessary to downshift and slow down going up a long grade so that the engine speed can stay in the ideal range. You can't drive a motor home like a car, although people try.

If you're planning to tow a Prius you shouldn't have too much of an issue as long as the weight is kept within the specs. Remember GCWR for the coach includes both the coach and the vehicle being towed, and it should be measured when the coach is fully loaded as it will be when traveling. It is possible to exceed the maximum combined weight with just the coach itself if it is severely overloaded.