Sign in to follow this  
gregsisk

Extend a stay propane bottle.

I have an extend a stay propane valve and a ten gallon spare propane tank. If I am camping and my motorhome propane tank runs out, I plan to close the motorhome propane tank valve and connect the spare tank using the extend a stay valve. Here is my question: when it’s time to get back on the road, can I open the motorhome propane valve to put propane into the empty motorhome propane tank from the spare propane tank so I will have propane for the refrigerator while on the road? Please forgive the horribly long sentence.

6 hours ago, gregsisk said:

I have an extend a stay propane valve and a ten gallon spare propane tank. If I am camping and my motorhome propane tank runs out, I plan to close the motorhome propane tank valve and connect the spare tank using the extend a stay valve. Here is my question: when it’s time to get back on the road, can I open the motorhome propane valve to put propane into the empty motorhome propane tank from the spare propane tank so I will have propane for the refrigerator while on the road? Please forgive the horribly long sentence.

This is the way I have done it in the past. 1) Close the tank valve on the coach so you don't empty the RV tank. 2) Use the external tank through the extend a stay when camping. You can always take the external tank and refill it if needed. 3) when on the road use the on board tank. I don't think you can refill the onboard tank effectively using a extend a stay tank. 

Bill

The way a tank is filled from another tank is it is pumped with an electric pump and is liquid.  The motor you hear running when you get you tank filled is the pump and it is pumping liquid.