Here it is. I have a 40-foot Class A Diesel Pusher and I tow my Chevy Suburban. I sometimes want to also tow a golf cart trailer behind the towed Suburban. My total length is around 70 to 75 feet. What are the legal restrictions and where can I see a publication that shows same on one location?

Woodall's 2010 North American Campground Directory ($25.95 @ Barnes & Nobles) has an excellent reference section for state (and Canada & Mexico) regulations pertaining to maximum towing lengths, weights, sizes, etc. I haven't checked out their website (www.woodalls.com) to see if the same info is there, but it might be a start for you.

gwjohnson52@msn.com

Here it is. I have a 40-foot Class A Diesel Pusher and I tow my Chevy Suburban. I sometimes want to also tow a golf cart trailer behind the towed Suburban. My total length is around 70 to 75 feet. What are the legal restrictions and where can I see a publication that shows same on one location?

That info is posted in a "trucker's highway maps", that is available in most book stores. That same info has been listed, in the past, in the "Motor Home'" magazine. Maybe available on their website.

http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

The above site contains dated information. Case in point - Wisconsin is listed as a 40' MH length. We are planning to visit so a call was placed to Motor Carrier Section 608-266-7320. Was advised the length was amended to 45' in 2004. Can't speak to the other information but....

As a business associate once commented, "Trust but verify!"

http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

The above site contains dated information. Case in point - Wisconsin is listed as a 40' MH length. We are planning to visit so a call was placed to Motor Carrier Section 608-266-7320. Was advised the length was amended to 45' in 2004. Can't speak to the other information but....

As a business associate once commented, "Trust but verify!"

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/statutes/Stat0348.pdf

See348.07 Length of vehicles. (2) © Forty five feet for recreational vehicles, motor homes, and

motor buses.

Being able to quote the actual law means much more than what someone said over the phone.

Guest BillAdams

Since the OP appears to want to drive an RV that is towing a Suburban which is towing a trailer, the question might not only be length but whether the State allows double towing.

"No person, without a permit

therefor shall operate on a highway any motor vehicle drawing or

having attached thereto more than one vehicle...."