eric@babin.com

Recommendations: REPLACE SPLENDIDE ARISTON WASHER

Just had our Splendide Ariston ARWXF129W die again.  Second time in 6 months.

Last time it was a circuit board.  Parts/labor almost $600.  The dang washer is only 1,000 new!

Same symptoms this time as last, probably same problem.

Any ideas on a good replacement if I don't want another Splendide?  It's in a closet, stacked under the Splendide dryer.

Splendide Washer is 23" wide, 22" deep, and 32 inches high. 

Looks like we could fit something up to 26" wide, 26" deep, and 33" high.

It's located in a 2014 Itasca (Winnebago) Ellipse (Tour).

ERIC. Sorry for your problem with your washer. The part was small compared to the labor. I have pulled our Splendide out before and I am here to tell you it isn't easy. It is heavy and I mean heavy and in a very tight space. If you and a friend can do the work your self then you might be able to get by for just the cost of the machine. If not then you will have a pretty high labor charge. Labor charges have just gotten out sight.

Just had a thought, you could invite several of your strong friend and have a "Washer Switch Out Party" under that beautiful cabana you just built. I guarantee the food & beer (after the installation is finished) would cost a whole lot less and a heck of a lot more fun.:P You could have the whole thing put on as a broadcast program and write the whole thing as a business expense.:rolleyes:

Good luck,

Herman

3 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

ERIC. Sorry for your problem with your washer. The part was small compared to the labor. I have pulled our Splendide out before and I am here to tell you it isn't easy. It is heavy and I mean heavy and in a very tight space. If you and a friend can do the work your self then you might be able to get by for just the cost of the machine. If not then you will have a pretty high labor charge. Labor charges have just gotten out sight.

Just had a thought, you could invite several of your strong friend and have a "Washer Switch Out Party" under that beautiful cabana you just built. I guarantee the food & beer (after the installation is finished) would cost a whole lot less and a heck of a lot more fun.:P You could have the whole thing put on as a broadcast program and write the whole thing as a business expense.:rolleyes:

Good luck,

Herman

Yes, I think it weighs about 150 pounds, and as mentioned, tight space, with toilet in the way... so you have to lift up, then out, but you've got no where to stand for good gripping and leverage. 

Another option (one I exercised) is to slide it out onto a sheet of plywood on top of a rug (to protect the floor) and dismantle it right there.  No problem either taking it apart or in then removing the smaller pieces.

Last time I had to carry in and then install a refrigerator, I used 1" wide webbing straps to lift and move the thing around. Movers use straps like this all the time, and they make things much easier. I think you can find these things in box stores now as well.