juanclem1@msn.com

Diesel Engine

I drive a '04 Monaco Cayman with a Cummins 300 ISB diesel engine. We have been stranded in Ely, NV, for the past four days waiting for a new injector fuel pump to arrive from the Cummins factory. Is there anyone out there who has experienced their engine not starting and the injector fuel pump suspected to be the problem? The mobile mechanics traced all the fuel lines to the injector fuel pump and found there was no fuel going through.

Ken

Ken,

I have a ISB 275 Cummins. One time the engine quit, towed to Cummins and they said no fuel to Injectors. Need new Injector Pump. Mine uses the VP44 Pump. I said "Have you checked the fuse in the line that provides power to pump?" They said "huh". Went with them and electrical drawings and found a blown fuse. Wire that feed power to Injector pump had rubbed thru insulation and was touching ground. Saved me a lot of money.

Good luck, Glenn

Thank you, Glenn, for replying to my plight. It sure sounds like the same thing that happened to me. Where did you get the wiring diagram and where is the fuse located on your rig? We checked some fuses in the electrical panel in the basement under the driver's seat, but didn't find a problem. My rig quit so fast it was like I turned off the engine. I sure hope these mechanics get the right pump. Ken