speck

CR-V wiring mystery

Here is a real mystery...

I had my CR-V lights wired to be towed.  When connected to the MH, I have no lights on the CR-V.  I made another cable, wired 4 pin flat to a circular 6 pin, only 4 pins are used.  When I connect to my PU, I get all the lights.  I rechecked the wiring of all of the connectors and the are right, still nothing when plugged into the MH.  Got a Circular 7 pin/ Flat 4 pin adapter and rewired the MH circular 7 pin to match.  My MH 7 pin only uses 4 pins.  Still no lights.  Am using the same harness that I used when connected to PU.  Got an  auxillary light set and connected to the same harness and it works!!  Any ideas?

For the time being I will use the auxillary set, they have magnetic bases so I can attach to the roof of the CR-V.

Sounds like you might have a ground issue. What are the four wires that are being used, right turn/brake, left turn/brake, running lights and a ground or are you using the converter box that is mounted on the coach. I'm assuming, from your post, that the turn signals are not the same as the brake lights. The converter box may not be compatible with your cr-v.

Yes, the  four wires are as you noted. 

Colors are Yellow (LT), Green (RT), Brown (Running), White (Gnd). 

There are diodes installed on each wire.  The diodes have 2 inputs (MH wiring and car original wire) an 1 output to the specific light (Turn, Running).

Spec, just for kicks plug in the CRV to the MH. then put one side of a set of jumper cables from a good ground on the MH and the other end to a good ground on the CRV. Then try the lights. If it is a ground issue then the light should work.

Hope it works.

Herman

My CRV lights did not work at all during our last trip.  In the course of trouble shooting, I slid the head back on the metal piece on the flex cord, CRV side, that attaches the CRV to the MH.  When I slide the head back, three screws attaching wires to the head, fell out and on the ground.  Another example of high quality work on RV products.

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions... I didn't have a screw loose (although some would differ), I had male pins that didn't fit the female socket😣.  The male pins are split and most of them had collapsed and were not making contact.  I took a small screwdriver and "sprung" the pins open a little and all is good.  Headed out to South Carolina on Sunday.