chadmgorman

Spartan chassis drag link availability

Have a 2007 Revolution on a Spartan Liberty chassis. Front steering parts worn. Cannot find a new drag link. Per Spartan their source was TRW and that is unavailable. Anyone have an idea who would have it of an alternative supplier of a part that may work? I would consider having one made but no idea how to start? The coach is useless if we cannot find a replacement part. Looking for SME opinions and expertise.

On 6/3/2019 at 6:30 PM, chadmgorman said:

Have a 2007 Revolution on a Spartan Liberty chassis. Front steering parts worn. Cannot find a new drag link. Per Spartan their source was TRW and that is unavailable. Anyone have an idea who would have it of an alternative supplier of a part that may work?

How many miles on it? Who told you it was to worn out to unserviceable? Get the part number. 

Bill

When I had to replace mine I found out that one of the zerk fittings was difficult to get to so it was never greased. All they had to do was turn the wheel. The original drag link only had one adjustable end. The new one had adjustable tie rod ends on both ends. And had zerk fittings that were easily accessible. 

Herman 

55 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

When I had to replace mine I found out that one of the zerk fittings was difficult to get to so it was never greased. All they had to do was turn the wheel.

YUP, the farthest from the steering box, if the wheel is straight it sits directly over the front axle. I never remember to turn the wheel until after I crawl under :wacko: