templeandgary

Parking Brake Buzzer

Hello,

I have a question that may sound totally stupid but its been bugging me.  I just bought a new Entegra Motorhome and coming from a Fifth Wheel I am still very green and learning.  My question is about the Parking Brake and the warning signal.  When I start the engine and prepare to shift into Drive I step on the brake, release the parking brake and select the drive option.  My concern is that as soon as i release the parking brake the warning buzzer starts going off.  As soon as i select drive it goes away.  Is this the way its supposed to work?  I would think that as long as my foot is on the brake pedal I wouldn't have to deal with the buzzer in between the Parking brake and selecting drive.  Makes me feel like I have to rush and hurry after releasing the brake and selecting drive.  If this is normal than thats fine but I was hoping for some validation that I was doing things correct and there were no issues with the rig.

I put mine in drive first, then release PB...my foot is just above brake, should I need it.  Make sure that your air pressure is at max and there is no beeping, before releasing PB.  There should be no warning signal at all.  If it persists, take it back to dealer or call Entegra!

Thanks Manholt.  I did a little more research and found this in my owners manual.  Looks like anytime the trans is in neutral and the parking brake is not applied there will be a buzzer and anytime the vehicle is in drive and the parking brake is still applied there will be a buzzer.  Looks like I will just have to get used to it between changing from park to drive.

image.png.dc79ba21d9db93256f8693693bb6c2d4.png

1 hour ago, templeandgary said:

Thanks Manholt.  I did a little more research and found this in my owners manual.  Looks like anytime the trans is in neutral and the parking brake is not applied there will be a buzzer and anytime the vehicle is in drive and the parking brake is still applied there will be a buzzer.  Looks like I will just have to get used to it between changing from park to drive.

Somehow I think it might be mandated by the government on newer coaches like on cars.  

9 hours ago, templeandgary said:

Ours does the same, if the coach is in neutral and you release the parking brake with your foot off of the service brake pedal the alarm sounds. I.e. you cannot coast the coach in neutral without the alarm sounding.

Joe, that's correct, but it should not buzz with coach in N or D and PB on with engine running!  I have to put Tranny in N and PB on, to open door!

10 hours ago, templeandgary said:

When I start the engine and prepare to shift into Drive I step on the brake, release the parking brake and select the drive option.  My concern is that as soon as i release the parking brake the warning buzzer starts going off.  As soon as i select drive it goes away. 

Make sure your brake lights are working. It sounds like it doesn't realize you have the service brake depressed.

6 hours ago, jleamont said:

Ours does the same, if the coach is in neutral and you release the parking brake with your foot off of the service brake pedal the alarm sounds. I.e. you cannot coast the coach in neutral without the alarm sounding.

With mine when it’s in Neutral and the parking brake is off it buzzes regardless if I have my foot on the brake or not. I can leave it in Neutral with the PB on and it stops but when I have it in Neutral and release the PB even with my foot on the auxiliary break it starts buzzing. Maybe I have to press harder or maybe this is the way it’s supposed to function but I’ll take the advice below and make sure my brake lights are functioning for sure!

These coaches are all different.  If I release the brake and select "D" I will get a chirping sound if the Travel light on the Valid is flashing and not solid green in the full "travel" mode.