jturner9

True Unlimited WIFI on the go.

If you really want a no throttle back unlimited hotspot then use Unlimited To Go .

Read carefully and chose which of 3 different  providers you want. It is not cheap ,but it is with out equal for true unlimited access. No matter how much you use it will never be throttled back and the speeds are just fine. Speeds run between 10 and 15 mbp. More than enough to stream and watch TV.

No I do not work for them. I just use the service and thought others might like an alternative to what I have seen posted here. 

A total FYI as they say. Have a good day.

Jim T

Thanks Jim, I saw your post and did investigate, as stated not cheap but could be helpful for those who have the ability to pay and need that service.

Happy trails, Kay!

On 6/9/2019 at 6:53 PM, Catman300 said:

Verizon too has an unlimited beyond jetpack plan.It will cost you,but it is truly unlimited.

Not anymore. As of October of 2019 the unlimited jet pack plan is only 20GB. After that you will be throttled. They will not always throttle you immediately after you reach the 20GB threshold.

3 hours ago, Tom_M said:

Check out Visible which is owned by Verizon. $40/month total cost for unlimited everything. This also includes hotspot use.

https://www.visible.com/

Sounded good until I saw this:

+Mobile hotspot speeds capped at 5 Mbps and limited to one tethered device at a time.

15 hours ago, chindog said:

+Mobile hotspot speeds capped at 5 Mbps and limited to one tethered device at a time.

The "one device at a time restriction" is easily circumvented by using a router as the "one device".

As for the 5Mbps limitation, most people are finding that it's quite adequate for watching a video with at least 720p resolution.

I guess I lucked out when I got the Verizon unlimited pre-paid plan while it was being offered.  It's no longer available, but we are grandfathered in as long as I pay the bill every month and don't buy a replacement hotspot from Verizon.  We don't run into throttling, and are currently getting about 60 Mbps download speeds.  It's too bad that Verizon pulled this plan from the market, as it really is great for full timers who need reliable internet service without running out of data before the month is out.

So I also found out, when I went and talked about why I had $1,051.58 in roaming charge from Canada!  I was going to change, then they told me about why I should not, $51.58 a month pre-pay is a good thing! :P  Linda has a totally different plan, but she needs 250 to 300 G a month for her research!

I'm currently using T-Mobile for phone and data, 55+ plan $40.00 per month if enrolled in auto pay, have not had any data throttling up to 100 gig used so far usually at speeds up to 40 mbs down and up in good locations some slow down if congestion in an area. They also have 5 G plans available nationwide, not sure about cost. On the 55+ plan you can have 2 lines for $40.00 each, interesting, no additional charges such as taxes or other fees, all is included in the $40. per month. I haven't been out of the southeast yet, but in this area, coverage is almost equal with Verizon.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:58 PM, chindog said:

Visible lifted the speed cap quite a while ago. They state that hotspot speed is capped to 5Mb/s but at least for me, that has not been true. They recently started a service called Party Pay that can bring down the monthly rate to $25/month.

Visible Party Pay plan

I have had  their service since last June and it has been working great. I use a cheap mini travel router to connect multiple devices to the hotspot.

GL-AR150 available from Amazon from $26.50

I have a Verizon 6620L MiFi Jetpack and the Visible SIM works in it. Once you are connected you have to change the APN to VSBLINTERNET.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:58 PM, chindog said:

Visible removed the 5 Mbps cap on 5/1/21. Yes you can only use ONE connection for Hotspot, so I bought a $40 TP travel router for that. My firestick, router, iPad, and desktop are connected to the router.

Also, if you look for "party pay group" knocks it down to $25