lendvay

Help us find a local chapter

We just joined FMCA and are hoping to find a good local chapter.  We have a 25' Class-C motorhome. We live in California in the Bay Area (Sunnyvale). We're a family with 2 kids ages 3 and 9.  I've been looking at the list of chapters and have been having trouble finding a chapter that would be good for families.  A couple we have found are mostly for retired folks.  We really need a chapter that has kids that our kids can play with.  I think that if we found the right chapter, our kids would thrive in the RV world.  It would also be nice to have some adults that we can hang out with while the kids are running around like crazy. We're definitely willing to drive 3-4 hours for rallies and events.  

Can you help?

Thanks
Cyrus

Cyrus,

Welcome to FMCA and to the Forum.

Send an email to lcross@fmca.com. Lon is the National Area Vice President for the Western Area. He will be able to help you find a chapter that has families with children.

At at our summer conventions we have activities for and young kids. I don't know what David and Loretta have scheduled for Minot. If you could make it out to Minot for the Convention there is so much to see on the way and back. Mount Rushmore, The Dakota Bad Lands, Yellow stone, Grand Canyon and so much more.

The dates for the convention are August 14-17th. 

If you are able to make it look me up I would love to meet and visit with you. I am one of three Safety Officers. 

Again welcome.

Herman

We are new members in the FMCA family and are looking for a local chapter that will have us,. We have tried to contact The Mississippi Travelers chapter but have received no response from the two email addresses i have. Is there maybe someone you can put me in contact with. Thanks you and looking forward to your response. We live in Picayune, MS and own a new to us 1999 Fleetwood Southwind 35s.   

Sure you posted in correct place ... Herman Mullins (Area VP for the South Central region) will be checking this shortly...He'll certainly be able to help you....

1 hour ago, rholifield said:

We are new members in the FMCA family and are looking for a local chapter that will have us,. We have tried to contact The Mississippi Travelers chapter but have received no response from the two email addresses i have. Is there maybe someone you can put me in contact with. Thanks you and looking forward to your response. We live in Picayune, MS and own a new to us 1999 Fleetwood Southwind 35s.   

Welcome to FMCA and the Forum.

I am sorry but I couldn't find a chapter by the name of "Mississippi Travelers" in FMCA. This could be a Good Sam's or maybe a Escapees chapter.

If you can send me a bit more information about what you may be looking for in a chapter I may be able to help. Where are you located, what are your interest, Sport, Hiking, or maybe just relaxing with friends and family.

Again Welcome,

Herman  

Sorry to have bothered you, I saw the chapters in the back of Family rving mag. and it said FMCA events and listed a bunch of chapters. I took for granted they were part of FMCA. If there are any chapters in my local area or MS area please let me know and I will contact them. We are just looking to meet new people who like to get out and enjoy the out doors.

Thanks again.

Herman thanks for your help, but I did find Mississippi Travelers chapter in the Southeast Area Family Motor Coach Association. I put in a call to them and left a message hopefully I will get a return call. Again thanks for you help hope to talk to you again. 

Thanks for the feed back. I did find some information on the M/T. The chapter is currently listed as an Inactive Chapter and that is why they aren't listed. I also have reached out to to the contact person. I am sure they would like to speak with you.

Let's see how it turns out. In the mean time go to FMCA.com click on menu, when the menu comes up click on chapter search. Under chapter search type in Mississippi in the State. there you should find all the chapters in Mississippi.

Good Luck,

Herman

Traveler2021, Welcome to the Forum.

Go to FMCA.com click on menu, when the menu comes up click on chapter search. Under chapter search type in Alabama in the State. There you should find all the chapters in Alabama. You may also go to particiavoynaavp@gmail.com.  This is National VP For the Southeast Area and Pat should be able to help you.

Good luck,

Herman