AMBRIZAS

FMCA Plaque Brackets

Off topic- I wonder how much weight you can hang on those ladders, besides me climbing them.

Thinking of building a bracket to mount an outboard to, around 150 lbs bouncing around back there.

Or it's probably not a good idea.

I use wire ties as well on my plaque.

Need to differentiate between static load and load when driving.  Affect/momentum of 150 pounds is quite different on a big bump! and the further behind the axle, the more coach motion would affect it.

8 hours ago, DBenoit said:

Off topic- I wonder how much weight you can hang on those ladders, besides me climbing them.

Thinking of building a bracket to mount an outboard to, around 150 lbs bouncing around back there.

Or it's probably not a good idea.

I use wire ties as well on my plaque.

I would think your hunch is probably correct - not the best idea. That ladder is probably held on by some marginally effective hardware. Can you add a tote to your rear hitch for it?

34 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

How about a double reciever and use one for a mount to hold the motor. 

Some bike racks designed to be used with a receiver hitch with Herman's double receiver might be a better solution than a ladder.

I'm still trying to figure out a small boat idea. I was gonna use the receiver to hold a "small" boat upright. Of course

custom built, I really don't want to hijack this thread so I'll go back to my inflatable boat thread. Thanks guys.

Here is how I mounted my egg. A couple of "U" bolts large enough to go around ladder posts  and a piece of 1" aluminum strap plus nuts and bolts to mount the egg.

coach.jpg