dpersch

Exterior TV Mount

We have an 06 FR Lexington, and I would like to add a fixed TV mount to the exterior. It would not be used often, but we would like the option to move the inside TV outside. The mount I purchased is a slide in mount, and is roughly 5"x5". The mounting holes are on the outside of the mount, no holes down the middle. Any suggestions on how to mount? Screws? Rivets? I think I have metal framing that I can locate and get one side of the mount into, but what fasteners should I use on the holes that do not lineup with a stud? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

Doug, does you RV have a basement door in the area under the awning? The reason I ask, if you could put the mount inside the compartment, pull it out and hang the TV it would be much more attractive than some sort of mount on the exterior wall. 

No our MH has very limited exterior storage. I only awning side storage is in rear outside the awning. I have attached a photo of the mount.

71ssX4ReTtL._SL1500_.jpg

That's the same one I saw. I was thinking a retractable mount that sat flush in the compartment so you wouldn't have to look at that on the exterior wall when not in use. 

Something like this;

https://www.amazon.com/Lockable-100x100mm-Mounting-Dream-MD2209/dp/B07K9DD2SZ/ref=asc_df_B07K9DD2SZ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309770211034&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17587262628321848630&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007366&hvtargid=pla-599699824949&psc=1

Doug,

I agree with Joe, Having a mount mounted to the outside of the vehicle would not look to good. I can see a bracket mounted to a full extension drawer slide secured to the side wall of one of your bays. The bracket could be mounted to a hinge that could fold up and be out of the way when not used.

Herman

If it must be mounted on the outside wall, why not nicely construct a shallow box made out of aluminum just deep enough to contain the tv mount, if mine I would want one that can be swiveled in many directions and be capable of adjustable angle up or down. The door can fold down or up whichever works best for you. Make the box out of heavy enough aluminum and make just a little taller than the mount and wide enough to cross two upright studs so that it can be screwed or riveted to those studs. You can either paint or vinyl coat to match the exterior of the coach. I mounted my exterior facing TV inside the coach facing out a window and use a sound-dock for exterior sound. Just a couple more ideas.

Another thought, how about a small folding table? 🤔 TV is normally inside and the table could have many uses including holding the TV when needed and no drilling. 

KISS.

HERMAN 

dpersch.

You have a good idea!  Will you be keeping your coach until you hang the keys up?  If you sell or trade it in for another, it will cost you, with a bracket on! :)