hoggem

Black and grey water tank removal

Water line leaking

My 2004 Gulfstream Sunvoyager has sprung a leak. I have fresh water dripping off the top of my black water tank, I am pretty sure it is coming from one of the supply lines. I fear I may have to remove at least one of the tanks to replace the line, as the grey and black water tanks set side by side with only a couple inches between them. To compound the problem water lines and the heat tube for the tanks run perpendicular to the motor home between the tanks? And there is no room on top or below the tanks?

So I need lots of help on this project. Where do I start? do I have to remove tanks?

And advise would be greatly appreciated.

Can't help directly with the tanks, but one suggestion is to fully investigate the source of the leak before pulling anything. I thought I had a leak like that once, as I saw water dripping from one of the lines above the fresh water tank. I followed the leak up through the ceiling of the bay, into the bathroom above it, and into the cabinet under the bathroom sink. There was a tiny water leak there which was running behind the tubing in the bathroom out of sight. The first place I noticed it was down below. It was an easy fix in the end, but without the sleuthing I would not have found it.

Yes!  Try to trace the source first, unless you can actually see, that it's not capillary action from inside coach!  Have someone flush the toilet, while your looking at top of tank..any leak, would be off more volume, if it's by tank.  What kind of toilet do you have (foot valve, flush by lever or electric)?