McGoo

Continuing Problems w Whirlpool Washer

Have been having trouble with our Whirlpool washer for almost 2 yrs. Practically from day one. Have had servicemen from Nevada, Idaho, Arizona, work on washer and sometimes only give advise. One of the servicemen finally showed us how to reboot unit. Sometimes it takes several times to get it up and working. Whirlpool did extend the warranty once, since the problem had not been resolved.

Following is my email to Whirlpool and their returned comments:

We purchased a Motor Home June 25 2008 and began having problems with our washer soon after purchase, stopping during spin cycle. About the 3rd service call the repair man explained how to reboot the machine. We had machine serviced under warranty in Minden NV, Island Park ID, and Phoenix AZ. Warranty was extended once. We are still experiencing the same problem. It would seem only reasonable that the machine should be replaced after this much aggravation. Not only will it not be replaced, but warranty has been terminated. This after repairs have been to no avail. Very disappointed in product and your company.

Thank you for visiting the Whirlpool web site. We appreciate hearing from you.

We are sorry for the issues you are having with the Whirlpool washer, which is past the manufacturer's warranty. However, because we truly value you as a loyal customer and as a goodwill gesture, we will be pleased to send you any parts needed at 50% off the original cost. Please ask the service company which parts they recommend, then call us at 888-222-8608, informing us which parts need to be ordered. We will then reduce the price 50%, and the rest of the cost will be put on a credit card furnished by the consumer.

You are a valued Whirlpool customer and we apologize for any inconvenience this washer concern may have caused.

My response:

To my knowledge, all serviceable parts have been replaced. I cannot see any value in your offer, especially after 8+ service calls. I don't believe my spending time and money on another service call would be to any avail. I will however post on several RV forums your past service and new offer.

Their response:

Thank you for your reply. We apologize that we have not been able to fully meet your expectations.

My response:

I don't believe you have met your obligations, I assumed I was purchasing a product that would work.

CC:

Whirlpool

Tiffin Motor Home

RV net

FMCA

Woodalls

Good Sam

Coach Net

Unfortunately, you are dealing with a mega corporation that has no social conscience. My daughter purchased a top of the line Jenn Air refrigerator about 5 years ago. They have been pursing some solution to this day. The refrigerator has never work satisfactorily for any significant length of time. We've see parts replaced repeatedly with problems continuing. There is no option to just replace the appliance, they just continue to "fix" it. Jenn Air is manufactured by Whirlpool. Once upon a time it was a corporation with an excellent reputation but I suspect it is now headed to Toyota Land... - oh no, hope that isn't your rice burner!

Unfortunately, the consumer always takes a hit in these situations. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We can all learn something from your experience.