Sign in to follow this  
dekdo1

house batteries won't take a charge

I have a 2002 Dutch Star 37 foot. CAT power. My trace 2025 invertor seems to not recognize that my house batteries need charging, I replaced fhe batteries but they also drain off to 8.0 volts. Cleaned connections. AC side of coach is fine. Does anyone have any ideas?

Did you change the type of batteries?  Acid to AGM, then you need to change your charge system in inverter.  8 is way low, hope you didn't mess up the battery! 

1 hour ago, DEKDO1 said:

I have a 2002 Dutch Star 37 foot. CAT power. My trace 2025 invertor seems to not recognize that my house batteries need charging, I replaced fhe batteries but they also drain off to 8.0 volts. Cleaned connections. AC side of coach is fine. Does anyone have any ideas?

Welcome to the forum. Did they charge after you replaced them?

Bill

4 hours ago, DEKDO1 said:

Is the charger turned on? Is the inverter turned on? They are separate functions, my Zantrex is switched on/off via the remote panel as well as the buttons on the inverter.

Go through all settings on control panel and check battery temperature.  I had a low charge from my inverter and found temperature sensor was bad.  It was telling the charger that the temperature was too high so the charge rate cut way back discharging the batteries.  

DEKDO1,

Yes, welcome to the FMCA Forum.

May be two separate issues:

Smart chargers, including those built into inverter/chargers are programmed to NOT charge deeply discharged batteries.  That could explain why it would not charge a battery at 8 VDC.

As to why it would not charge the batteries when above 12 VDC-- that is another matter.  If a new problem since installation of the new batteries, first suspect is that the wires are not hooked up properly.  OR, someone inadvertently  connected them backwards and blew a fuse in the charging system.  Pull out your voltmeter and start tracing.