I know this has been discussed on several occasions on this forum, but I have some new news, I hope good. Some Windows 10 users believe that they could actually stop Windows 10 updates or at least postpone them forever with the Pro version. That has been untrue since the inception of Windows 10, Home version not even postpone them and Pro version some postponement of them but not an actual stop. You could have stopped them only by never allowing the PC to get onto the internet, this  was the only way. Well this years spring update was renamed (SCU) was renamed April update, and this update actually gives the end user the ability to completely turn off future updates on both Home and Pro versions of Windows 10. Actually the April update was postponed but the newest (1903) is now available. Here is an article to read if you want become more familiar with it, and I highly recommend that Windows 10 users take advantage of this update A.S.A.P.

https://www.howtogeek.com/402569/everything-new-in-windows-10s-april-2019-update/

Kay, good information! I only have one computer with Windows 10 on it and I'd like to wipe it out and start fresh. I need to figure out how to do that also.

Joe, I was once told that you can always up grade you OS to the latest OS but you can't downgrade. In other words you can go forward but backwards. Don't know if it's true or not. 

Herman 

4 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Joe, I was once told that you can always up grade you OS to the latest OS but you can't downgrade.

Actually it is the other way around, sometimes not easy to downgrade without a restore copy, but some computers it is impractical to upgrade because of limitations of the older hardware, for instance, Windows 10 not will run well  with only 4 gig ram, but it will be miserably slow and some motherboards will not accept more ram, just one example.

17 hours ago, jleamont said:

Kay, good information! I only have one computer with Windows 10 on it and I'd like to wipe it out and start fresh. I need to figure out how to do that also.

In Settings/updates and security, you'll find a REFRESH button. Read the details closely before you push that button, make a current backup of your files and docs, pictures, AND write down every program on your computer, because when you refresh or download a new copy of W10 it does not save your stand-alone programs. I think there is a utube video of this process. I seem to remember it requires a minimum of 8Gb free space on a flashdrive or RW DVD discs. Personally I have a 1Tb Seagate hard drive for making a system image JIC I have a brain fart. A system image is useless when refreshing your copy of W10 or downloading a new copy.

If you wish, W10 has the ability to revert to W8 (support ends 2024) if you don't like W10.

Good luck!

14 hours ago, RayIN said:

n Settings/updates and security, you'll find a REFRESH button.

I don't find a refresh button within the mentioned settings for windows 10, apple does support this option. You must have created a restore disk for the option to go back on windows10. Many manufacturers does create a partition on the same hard drive to enable one to do this but not all do. To determine if yours has one you can look at the drive partitions on your computer, if there is one, it will show up as a very small drive included usually labeled (OS).

14 hours ago, RayIN said:

If you wish, W10 has the ability to revert to W8 (support ends 2024) if you don't like W10.

This is only true if you upgraded to Windows10 from Windows8.

Revert has a definition.

To refresh: In W10, click settings>recovery, then you see refresh is the top selection>get started. Yes it requires creating a new media, either USB or DVD.

Don't forget you may also revert to W7 -within one month of the upgrade to W10, if for some reason that would be desirable. That ship has sailed for most of us.https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4090-refresh-windows-10-a.html

I must have missed where apple entered this conversation. I've never had any  dealing with mac so I'm out of that  conversation.