reid9439

Comfort Control Center (Duo-Therm)

I have a RV with 2 Penguin A/C’s and a gas furnace that I run with a (3109228.001) Comfort Control Center.

Last month while running the front A/C in Florida, the A/C unit shut off by itself and the screen on thermostat was light but the numbers were gone except for the zone numbers on the screen. Dometic customer service department told me how to reset. The results was EE and I was told that it was a communication problem. Since we were then “dead in the water†I turned the thermostat off. One hour later I turned it back on and it worked fine with the furnace for the balance of the month.

I have since then bought another control center to replace the defective one. Still have the same problem. After testing the system with both A/C’s running the screen again will go blank showing only the zone numbers. You are then only able to turn the unit off with the switch. If you wait a while and turn the unit back on the digital numbers return.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I have emailed this problem to Dometic but have not heard from them as of yet.

Since both control units malfunction in the same way, I would look elsewhere for the problem. Perhaps the connection (control unit to A/C) at the air conditioner is loose or is getting wet when the A/C is running. After the A/C shuts off it dries out and then works properly again? Just a guess...

Since both control units malfunction in the same way, I would look elsewhere for the problem. Perhaps the connection (control unit to A/C) at the air conditioner is loose or is getting wet when the A/C is running. After the A/C shuts off it dries out and then works properly again? Just a guess...

Two weeks and $259 later, I found the solution. An accurate evaluation by Dometic customer support revealed that the control board on the front unit was causing the problem. The day that the service technician arrived the units worked just fine. But of course that's MURPHY'S LAW. We replaced the board anyway and so far, everything is working great. Thanks for the help anyway.

My favorite MURPHY'S LAW - A $500 picture tube will always blow first, to save a 25 cent fuse.

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was. It helps everyone when the solution is posted. One more thing to consider when things go wrong.