HAYESRVLIFE

Toad Brake Recommendation for 2013 Honda CRV

I just bought a 40 foot Tiffin Phaeton diesel pusher and I'm trying to find out what the best braking system is for our 2013 CRV. Is an electric braking system like the Patriot or air pressure system like Air Force the best for our application?  I have seen YouTube's where it seems Air Force has a quicker application and might be better in an emergency situation than electric. Need good information other than YouTube.  Thank you in advance for your assistance. And I am also retired forty years in the career fire and EMS service.

We recently moved from a gas coach to a Phaeton also. We had used a Brake Buddy for a couple years but switched to an Air Force system with the diesel. Air Force system is a much easier and quicker hookup than the Brake Buddy was. Cannot attest to whether or not it works better because, when braking, I'm not sure the 37K+  Phaeton even knows my 3500lb Ford Fusion is back there.

14 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

I prefer the M&G system over the others, they have a very good reputation and fairly easy to install.

Agreed!

Not going to get much quicker than air power from the coach directly into the Toad. I love the system because its fully proportional and ITS SIMPLE. We have enough things that can go wrong with our coaches, just look at the "Electrical" page on the forums. The M&G system just works with no electronic computers and its cost effective! 

https://m-gengineering.com/