rudischaffner

Safe T plus shock

Yes, yes, yes.  Had in installed on my 14 Phaeton and man o man, I can stop sawing the steering wheel and overcoming pavement variations, including crowns.  Takes all the work out of driving and makes it comfortable.   I heard they will install free if you buy it at the factory in Georgia.  So I did that.  It was only about $400 for the unit, free install, and they do it right.  The install only takes 10 minutes.  The skill and patients come with making road adjustments to tweak it in to fit your specific vehicle.

I highly recommend it. I've put well over 10k miles on our coach with it and I appreciate it every day.  

It helps the front track better.  I've had it on multiple gas & diesel coaches, from 31' to 40'.  You should have the front & rear aligned first.  Only coaches I have not used it (don't know if it's available), is IF suspension.  Just solid front axle!

Had one on my last MH. Great company, with great support.

They are working on an IFS system one. Hope it is out soon - I'll get one. They have been working on it for quite a while,

The Spartan chassis W/ IFS comes with such a steering control, I replaced the "shocks"(Rancho brand) 2 weeks ago, as it turned out the old ones were still good.

Ray, I have a Spartan K2 IFS chassis and called Safe-T-Plus last year.  They did not have one for IFS yet.

I have been communicating with Safe-T-Plus for the past year. Last time was about two months ago. They said they were close. We'll see.

Me either. It is a good company to do business with. They were extremely helpful during my years of PT-50C purchases. They stand behind their product.

Me either. It is a good company to do business with. They were extremely helpful during my years of PT-50C purchases. I can attest that they stand behind their product.

22 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Ray,

Didn't you try jumping up and down on the bumper to see if your shocks were good?:D:lol:

Herman

I must be blind, I don't see one on a 12000# front end, thanks a lot_.🤣

Carl, apparently my 1999 Spartan MM GT with Reyco-Granning 1200 IFS came with one. I called Spartan CS and asked, I was told new stabilizer shocks are $77 ea.+shipping and taxes. I bought the Rancho RS5403's off Amazon for $57 ea, same shock as OEM.; oddly they were shipped from a small town 47 miles from me. I may have been able to buy them locally and skip shipping.

Wayne, look at your Reyco-Granning IFS front end, there should be 2 holes in the framework towards the starboard side, above and just forward of the tie-rod. The bracket on the drag link uses 3 "U" bolts for attachment. If I can remember I'll post a picture or 2 of mine.

You can see the shocks in the first picture of my IFS here: https://www.spartanchassis.com/cps/login/UploadedFiles/D9834 IFS1200-1320-1370_3920091033404218750.PDF

On 7/8/2019 at 5:41 PM, manholt said:

Ray, I have a Spartan K2 IFS chassis and called Safe-T-Plus last year.  They did not have one for IFS yet.

I was wrong and misled everyone, it is not an aftermarket stabilizer, Spartan has their own design steering stabilizer, look at the link I posted in my previous post.

40' Tiffon Phaeton with SafeT Plus.  I didn't notice much difference but many claim it helped them.    I hope I never have a blow out but if I do it might be worth it.

Jaws2,  I had it installed on my 2008 WInne Destination and immediately noticed an improvement on handling. 

When the RV was totaled by Hurricane Harvey insurance was good and I have one sitting in a box here. I can't use it on the new MH with IFS.

However, with that said and an update: Safe-T-Plus now has a steering stabilizer for IFS systems.