keithl

Transmission temperature

First time towing a toad 425 hp Cummins 2009 Damon essence Allison 3000 trans 82 degrees outside towing Jeep Grand Cherokee flat for most part temp was 180 to 199 degrees I was wondering what I should expect any help 

Typically I would expect pretty much the same as the coolant temperature. Some but not all cool through the radiator, but cooling is not the only reason, you want the transmission temperature to rise to operating temperature as quickly as possible so that it will work correctly.

That is about right. some coaches run a little cooler some a little warmer. I wouldn't get to worried till the temps get over 250.  Keeping the radiator stack clean will help.

Bill

My 425 runs in the 190 to 203, Allison 3000 runs 198 to 205, towing a modified Jeep Wrangler 4,400 pounds.

Keithl, my ISL 400 with the 3000 series Allison runs coolant 180-195 and transmission on the highway 175-185. If I am in stop and go the transmission has climbed up to 200. I clean my coolant package annually with this;

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/simple-green-extreme-simple-green-motorsports-cleaner-degreaser-1910001213440/11019479-p?c3ch=PLA&c3nid=11019479-P&adtype=pla_with_promotion&product_channel=online&gclid=CjwKCAjwsIbpBRBNEiwAZF8-z3JqlqTo8QFt1ZZ51exJ6Hua6DeQVEQCNGl0v9leNs0GsgnXKJVKARoC8AkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Its sold at many box stores, even Home Depot.

keithl.

You are within parameters...as Joe said, keep your CAC, Radiator clean and you'll be trouble free! :P

The only time my trans temp started to climb was sitting in traffic in "D."  I put it in "N" and it cooled down....this was an Allison 3000.