ttbikes

How Many Pounds Can I Tow?

Welcome to the forum - glad that you're here. How exciting for you that you've got a new-to-you coach in the works!

From the information you posted, it appears that the max towing capacity in your specs is 10,000 pounds for the trailer weight, with a limit of 1,000 pounds on the hitch itself. Of course, it appears from what you posted that there should be a sticker inside the coach itself with information more specific to your coach, including the UVW (unloaded vehicle weight). That should include everything except what you'll add when you load up all your gear.

That said, you'll probably be best off getting an actual weight on the coach loaded the way you intend to travel AND with full fuel tanks. Once you know the actual weight of your coach you'll know more accurately how much cargo capacity is remaining before you hit the GVWR.

I'm sure that others with more trailer experience will add comments as well, so stay tuned for more replies.

GCWR is the needed stat (gross combined weight rating), yours is rated 42,000.

GVWR is maximum (gross vehicle weight rating), again yours is listed at 32,000.

And of course as Richard stated yours list 10,000 GVW, and 1,000 hitch weight.  So assuming that  the coach is not overloaded (32,000), then 10,000#  for this coach.

Also be sure to check the hitch itself for numbers because sometimes a previous owner may have fitted with an inadequate hitch.                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Thanks so much. So it looks like to me a towable Mid Size SUV is not out of the question. Does bring up another question should I be looking and curb wt of a towed vehicle or gross wt. I really do not have any plans to haul things in the TOAD. Maybe some clothes. Thanks for heads up on hitch also.

Curb Weight plus anything you will carry.

Sorry, don't know on SUV's whether Curb Weight is with fuel or not.