kdrogers62

Back up camera not working

I have a 2007 Winnebago adventurer with a voyager camera system (original built in). There are two side cameras and one rear camera. The side cameras are still working fine but the rear camera has no picture and the message on the screen says no signal. Any suggestions? I’m assuming there must be some sort of connection problem.

I worked on one of these systems before, similar concern, no side camera. Check the connections on the back of the monitor. 

On ours, I could remove the camera and plug it directly into the back of the monitor to test. If it works, you know it is the cable or connectors. Maybe yours would too. If you do remove camera, tie a cord onto the cable before you disconnect. If the cable falls down between the end cap and RV wall, it is difficult to locate. I have had to replace 3 or 4 monitors and 3 cables in 20 years. 

The camera cable on our Back Up camera looks like a telephone cable and had the same plug. Easy to replace. Tool sold in big box stores. Either plug may be bad.

Herman 

Also check the ground connections, over 80% of all 12V issues are the result of a poor/missing ground.

Kdrogers62, if your system is like ours, make sure you didn't accidentally switch the camera selection button, labeled "CA SEL", to the wrong position. 

I know in ours that if you do you get a "no signal" message across the screen,