I have a 40 deisel pusher that is not drivable,it is about 900 miles south of  border .  mex insurance says they cannot  make repairs in Mex because of availability  of parts. does anyone have knowledge of flatbed transports that do cross border trucking?

thanks lloyd

Lloyd,

So that we may be able to help, you need to tell us what a "40 diesel pusher" is.

And, what is wrong that it is not driveable.

Lloyd.  Sorry for your situation.

We need a lot more info...Year, make of coach, where in Mexico?  Mexico has a lot of owners of DP's and they don't come here for service and parts!  Your Mex Insurance will not be paying, so forget about that.

Why not call FMCAssist. While a transport of a disabled RV is not covered, concierge service/information is. They probably can provide information. 

Thanks guys for the interest. the coach is a 40 ft beaver monterey  it is in a wreckers yard  in Los moches sinaloa .

The front cap and windshield are gone as well as entry door basement doors etc,hard to know about frame damage etc.

Does this help?

lloyd

And, depending on year model and possible frame damage,  and cost of return to the U.S. it may be totaled.

I would definitely be visiting with your insurance agent as well as looking up NADA retail values, etc.

Also, ask for recommendations on a good repair shop and send them enough pictures (that you can share with you insurance company) to make an accurate assessment before moving forward.

Thx wolfe i have already sent NADA valuation report and the insurance people are involved, I may be stuck with some of trucking that is why i was looking for x border trucking companies.

lloyd

You said front cap is damaged/gone, is there still the possibility that a wrecker could pick up the front, remove the drive line and tow it on the rear wheels? Might be a lot cheaper to get it towed rather than having a specialized trucking firm tow it on a lowboy.... you are still going to have height issues on a very LOW boy trailer with your 12' coach sittingng on top!

LloydW, This website may be useful in one way or another: https://usedrvparts.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/c/rvsalvagemotorhomes-partingout.pl

If your MH it totaled, it might be a place to sell, then again it might be a source of replacement parts if your MH is repairable.

They may even be able to haul your MH back into the U.S.A. Their semi-trailer is visible in some of the pictures, a low-boy roll-back wrecker trailer. If I remember correctly, my insurance co. will re-reimburse me for a covered expense incurred in Mexico, after the fact, when I present the proper itemized bill.  Ask your agent, the worst they can do is say no.

I have been to Los Mochis several times...in a corporate jet, not a MH.  I would be extremely cautious of doing any high dollar business with virtually any company down there.  Most of the vehicles down there are old, run down and not worth much.  I saw no big time maintenance facility or any kind of business capable of hauling a 40' DP anywhere.  Does Good Sam to any business in Mexico?

Thanks for the interest guys. It is apparent from the replies that no one had any ideas for my original question. Does Anyone have knowledge of trucking firms that might do this work.

lloyd

No, sorry, no recommendation, and that is with more than 50,000 miles SOB (South Of The Border). 

What does your insurance company come up with.  Ball should be in their court if you are covered AND there is no repair  they recognize where you are).

You might try checking with companies on the US side of the border who import agriculture equipment from Mexico. I spend some time last year In Juarez and saw several truck loads of new and used farm equipment on lowboy trailers that could transport your MH.

Jim

21 minutes ago, dons2346 said:

Don't know if it is driveable or not. If so, a few pieces of plywood would work

22 minutes ago, dons2346 said:

facebook_1472860254945.jpg

I've seen Mexicans driving worse down our highways!:rolleyes::wub:^_^

There's a guy on iRV2 that bought a wrecked class A with a missing front cap as well. He used a glass storm door turned sideways as a 'windshield' and screwed it down to a plywood frame similar to yours, just to get it home.

Your entire coach appears to be lilting to one side - is it even remotely salvageable?

Lloyd, is your coach anywhere close to the one in the pictures? Maybe this would be a solution for returning your coach to the U.S. 

As someone asked what does your insurance company have to say? Do they consider it a total loss or think it is repairable? Either way it seems to me that the decision would be up to them. If they consider it totaled, I would rent a trunk or trailer go get your stuff return to the U.S.  and go looking for your next coach.

I am very sorry that you are in this predicament. Hope a resolution comes soon.

Herman

6 hours ago, richard5933 said:

Your entire coach appears to be lilting to one side - is it even remotely salvageable?

You do realise this isn't the OPs coach?

Bill

Why is your coach in the "El Chapo" Cartel, State & City?   None of this makes sense to me!  No photos, why?

7 minutes ago, manholt said:

Why is your coach in the "El Chapo" Cartel, State & City?

Los MochIs is on highway 15-- the main north/south route from the western U.S. to the whole of Mexico's west coast.

LOTS of RV's transit that highway every year.